• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mobile (iOS): Not saving photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUG! iOS version of Lightroom Mobile did not save photos shot in the Adobe app! Settings: HDR, grid lines enabled.

I am not a newbie.  I have subscribed and used routinely "Lightroom Classic" (Ugh! just hate that name) for many years. Shoot a full frame camera. While I don't chimp, I was watching my iPhone 6S+ screen 'flash' with each shutter press. In the same session (along California coast), shot with the native iPhone app, all photos stored normally.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
26 Comments
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the « All pictures » counter?

When you say « Adobe app », you mean LR Mobile or a synced app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a big bug then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

Let's do a little detective work and see if we can locate them.

Inside the Lightroom app, tap on the All Photos album 
Tap the [ ... ] icon and choose "Sort by Capture Date" and make the sort go from most recent to oldest.
Next tap the [Funnel] icon; review the filter settings and make certain that you haven't inadvertently set a filter that would prevent their showing. 
Review the grid of the All Photos album - do the pictures show up?

If not, exit out of the Album View and tap the [Lr] icon and then "About Lightroom"
What is the version number listed at the top?
What is your iOS version number? 
How many photos do you suspect are missing?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rikk. Followed all your instructions. No pix.

LR Mobile v.3.2.1.674202 [BUT I was one release out yesterday when I shot the photos that did not save; as a number of apps updated this morning including LR. ] 

iOS 11.3

About 6 pix were not saved \ are missing.

I do appreciate your help!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updated information.  I see in your original post these are HDR images. Sometimes those take a while to process in the background with the app open.  Obviously, at least one of them should have had time to process by following the search steps above and I am guessing you haven't seen a single one come in.

Let's dig a little deeper.

Was Lightroom Camera launched from inside the app or via Force-touch on the Icon (or possibly the lock screen widget (Home>Swipe Right)
How close together, time-wise, were the captures? 
How long was Lightroom CC open?
Did Lightroom CC crash after snapping the first shot?
Did you force quit it via iOS force-quit gestures at any time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera was launched inside the app. Captures were a fraction of a second apart to a minute or two apart. The app was continuously open within a span of about five to ten minutes as I teetered precariously on a coastline cliff. 😉

Lightroom CC was open only for the shooting, unless it remained open in the background. Not sure. I don't remember closing it. BUT no crashing; no force quitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a clue!

If you were shooting a lot of HDR, the app needs time (open time!) to process them. It’s displayed when you tap on the sync button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

If you open the app, and leave it sit for 10 or 15 minutes o do the background HDR processing do any images eventually show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Antoine and Rikk for your parallel suggestions. I plugged in the phone, opened LR Mobile and let it sit for 20+ minutes open and on after being fully synched with the mothership.

Not a single new HDR image emerged from last week's shoot. 

Appears they were not recorded, as I feared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned it because I feared I had the same issue yesterday. Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for you, I’m afraid) I just had to wait for the processor to crunch down the pics.

I just tried to take a 5 HDR pictures and directly kill LR. Even then the pictures were rendered upon reopening the app. I’ll give a try with more pictures, maybe there is a limit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOWEVER!

I tried to shoot a lot of pictures and there seems to be a limit (maybe phone dépendant) of 16 pictures!
If you open the app only to take a picture, you can (and will!) quickly exceed this amount and loose the pictures!

Maybe that’s your story?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! If that is the case — 16 photo limit — I surely could have exceeded it. I was shooting. Not counting.

I have some 20 gigs free on the phone so I haven’t been mindful of limiting my shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 16 limit is on an iPhone SE (should be the same on 6s because of the same hardware). The limit is 27 on iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don, thanks for reporting the issue.  I have logged a bug and we're trying to gather info to help our developers investigate.  I may reach to you directly for more info soon.

Antoine, I'm not sure what you mean about being limited to 16 photos?  with my own iPhone SE, I just captured 45 new HDR images in about 2 minutes, and they are all processing smoothly.  If your SE isn't letting you capture more than 16 images, can you describe more what steps you are using and what is stopping you?  Do you have enough free storage space on your device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Here is what I did:

Take about 20 HDR shots in a row (= without letting LR processing them) hearing each time the shutter sound (which should be nice to be able to turn off, by the way 😉 )

When I go back to the main screen in LR and check the little cloud icon, it says
1) Sync is supsended --> ok, no problem with that 🙂
2) Processing images --> there are only 16 images being crunched

When averything is done and I go back to "All photographs", I only have 16 images saved.

This might not look like a very big deal, BUT it might be a real issue when you only open the app (using the widged, for example) to take a picture here and then and then closes (not kill) it right afterwards. You quicly hit this 16 image limit!

EDIT: the 16 limit seems to be dependent on iOS: I tried again and had 13 or 15 images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9ll7tj2i2nokb7/ScreenRecording_05-02-201810-33-49.MP4?dl=0

Here it is 🙂

(I didn't wait until all the images were processed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did we ever find a solution to this? driving me crazy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2019 Sep 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i started having this same issue with the newest ios public beta (13.1 i think).  I know - cost of doing business with betas - just flagging here to see if anyone else has had the issue recently and if there's any tricks to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.after updating the new ios 13,my Lr stopped sync as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the public release of iOS 13 (iPhone 7 Plus) and am having no issues with syncing. Are you using a beta version still or the public release? What device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on ios13.1.2 With the iPhone 11 pro and have just noticed that dng is not being captured in auto or professional modes. JPEGs yes but not dng. HDR.dng is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. No changes made but now dng are being captured. It’s not a question of waiting for the image to be processed or loaded, the previous images simply weren’t saved and still don’t show up. There also wasn’t an updated thumbnail to the left of the capture button when trying to take dng images.
But now it’s all working again??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved,after updated to the ios 13.1.2..everything back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate