• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Norwegian ) [ 5 ] KBSC does not rate 5 stars

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I was gonna rate my most recent photos, I usually use the star rating system with the keys 1-5 referring to their belonging number of stars. The keys 1-4 works fine, but pressing "5" does note rate the photo five stars - it seems to do nothing. Under "Photo - rating - 0,1,2,3,4,5 - the 5 stars is apparantly connected to key "13" which I do not understand. Im using windows, and there is seemingly no option to change keybindings.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a US English Keyboard and Windows language pack; the keys 0-5 work to specify the stars. (I just tested it).

Looks like a localization problem.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, do you happen to know what the key "13" is referring to on the keyboard? The keybinding worked fine with number five up until the most recent app update, when the binding suddenly changed for some resaon..

Jørgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not. I also could not find the key mapping dialog you screen grabbed. If you state where that is, I might be able to find the answer. Maybe.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out to be caused by the language somehow. Changed the app language to english and it all worked fine again, dont know why the norwegian one is like that but I much prefer english anyways. I think the language was set to norwegian after an update without me realizing. Thanks anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I am curious. Why prefer the English?

I suck at languages, and I am always amazed at others who speak multiple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe I use norwegian 99% of the time, however when it comes to using apps such as the Adobe-suite and other digital tools I much prefer using english as "the rest og the world" use those apps in english. It is so much easier to learn the tools and techniques when using the same language as the general user imo. Also for norwegian specifically, the translations within these apps are often very strange, almost unrecognizable at some times.
Watching a tutorial on YouTube, they say: "go to this menu, click on this feature. "
me opening my app in norwegian: "now what the heck is that word supposed to mean"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, I know what you mean. I am trying to learn French, and it is not going well.

I occasionally put my Windows system in French, and then try and figure out the menus...

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate