• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Purple/Blue Tint on DNG images taken on Snapdragon 800 devices in Lightroom Mobile (Android)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken 2 images, on the left is a JPG and on the right is a DNG image.Both are taken using the same settings and same light on my oneplus 9 pro phone, however the DNG has a blue/purle tint to it. I have proccessed both images with the auto color correction and also tried to remove it with manual processing.

Any ideas how I can remove the blue tint on DNG image and make it look more natural like the JPG image?

cherry-tomato-and-feta-pasta.jpgfeta pasta.jpg

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Setting status as acknowledged. Please upvote from the top.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
20 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the trouble with Adobe Lightroom on Mobile(Android). We are here to help!

Could you please share the version of Adobe Lightroom you are working with from the menu with three horizontal lines (Hamburger Menu) on the top left > About Lightroom, along with the version of Android OS on your Phone? Have you shot these images using Lightroom Camera or the default Camera App on your Phone?

JPEG images are processed & compressed output images and might appear better firsthand. RAW images (DNG in your case) are yet to be processed, and you have the freedom to choose the direction.
Please check here to understand more:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/how-to/raw-vs-jpeg.html

Please let us know if this helps!
Regards,
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am using lightroom 7.1.1 and Android 11 and the photos were taken with the lightroom app. 

I would expect that a dng photo taken in lightroom would process to look similar to the jpg when processed with auto color correction as opposed to having the blue tint ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exactly same issue with my oppo x2 Pro and so are many others which has been going on for a long time looking through these threads, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lightroom team and community.
My mobile phone, the OnePlus 9 Pro LE2125 variant running the latest C.47 build has an issue with a purple hue casting over in-app captured photos. I have wiped the device, uninstalled the app, cleared cache and still have seen no improvements. Any suggestions?

You can simply open the app, then the camera and use any mode. The end result is an image like below.

LRM_20220325_112240.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the lastest update from OnePlus for the 9 Pro, this issue is still a problem sadly. I'm on Android 12 / OxygenOS 12 C.47 with Lightroom build 7.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• 请问问题解决了吗?我的一加9R也一直存在这个问题:手机拍摄的照片导入安卓版lr后默认色调滑块处于-150才能显示正常,这使我无法获得更多调整空间。感觉应该跟OPPO的系统有关!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

到目前为止,即使在他们最新的 C.48 更新下也是如此。 我希望我们能尽快得到更新。

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我觉得如果只是搭载OPPO系统的机型才会出现这种情况的话那么需要手机厂商也投入到此修复中来

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree, we need repairs for whatever is making this happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are looking for more information about this issue.

@hedgehog159  @Jeffrey.DNG @jason5E10 @成龙24319023z74x 

Could you please share sample DNG files taken from the Lightroom's in-app camera with us via direct message or share them here as a link from any cloud storage service you can use? Please add a screenshot from Menu (3 horizontal lines) > Device Info & Storage > Device version.

We hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting status as acknowledged. Please upvote from the top.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, which I've previously reported.  I've upvoted but no other upvotes yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love taking photos in my phone

I use iqoo neo 6 (I am from India) ,

I love taking raw (dng) file with it, when I look at the photo in the gallery it looks fine but soon as i import it to Lightroom the tint slider is automatically pushed to to the far right side 150+ (magenta side) and there is a weird green tint . 

I think it's because it's a new device and Lightroom isn't supported. so if it's an Lightroom issue I hope you guys can fix it because I used love editing my photos in Lightroom but now I can't even edit them properly because of this tint issue

(there was a similar issue with Huawei p40 series)

🥲 I have tweeted to Iqoo but they still haven't done anything 

( my sister uses a realme device her device don't have any issues)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community @Abhishek28938921rpgd. Thanks for sharing the details.

Iqoo Neo 6 has a Snapdragon 870G processor. I'll merge this thread with a parent thread of a known bug.

Sameer K!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey thanks for the reply

will the bug be fixed soon? 🥹 if it an common issue that still hasn't been fixed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after the latest update Lightroom mobile doesn't support My phone ( Iqoo Neo 6, Snapdragon 870) 

+150 on tint is applied to it automatically as soon as i import dng (Raw) file to the app , when you decrease it you can see the green tint correctly 

Hope Adobe Will Fix This soon, I had posted the same compliment a few days back but still there is not update 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Someone Please Tell Me When this problem will be solved?? seriously guys 🥹 Adobe doesn't care, Mobile Brands clearly Don't care, and snapdragon doesn't care. Someone please fix this , I am loosing my patience 🥹

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Nokia X20. It does not happens to all the photos, and it can happens to photos taken by Nokia built-in camera app, Lr Camera app, or third party camera app.

The photos have an overall purple hue, but with a tint value of -150, so it cannot be corrected to the green side manually anymore.

Lightroom Android version 8.3.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is link to a photo taken with Lightroom camera app. Snapseed can import it just fine but not Lightroom Android.

Sorry, since the app interface has changed, I cannot find the page with device info and thus no screenshot on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am aware this is a relatively old thread but would like to acknowledge I also encounter this issue on the Nokia X20, where DNG files are imported into Lightroom with the Magenta tint set to -150 making white balance adjustments and colour correction incredibly difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate