• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sometimes deletes all metadata

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing pictures with lightroom app, I use a lot of selective edits. I save the picture to my camera roll on the iphone. I exit the lightroom program. Next time all of the metadata, or just the latest is deleted. Sometimes I just get the original picture and have to start all over again. I think maybe this is caused by me using more selective edits than is normal. Many pictures can be edited with no problem.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
21 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which metadata is missing? 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems most of it. I edited one picture today. A lot of selective edits. turned off color. Then exported it to a picture. The next time I opened lightroom some minutes later most of it was gone. All selectives, it was color-image again. I think all the changes I did was gone and what was left was something I have done before. This has happened many times lately with different pictures. I put a lot of work into it, and then it is gone the next time. Also the cloud symbol has running dots all the time. That does not seem to be right, It seemes something is hanging in the communication to the cloud. I tried to restart the iphone, but still the running dots on the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I read this correctly, you are missing Edits - not metadata (Keywords, Captions, Flags, Stars, etc). 

What is your mobile device?  Model number?
Which version of the App are you running?  (About Lightroom?)
Are you connecting with Wifi or Cellular?
After editing a photo if you go to http://lightroom.adobe.com and log in with your Adobe ID, do you see the image there? The edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I guess you are right, I am missing edit information. This is iphone 6. I am using the latest update of the Lightroom app. I am using wifi. I have blocked cellular data after I found out that Lightroom would use a huge amount of data. I see the edited images in the link, but not the one that was deleted. They are "raw"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atle, 

What we need to discover is:

1. Can you edit another image as you have in the past.
2. Verify that it syncs by going to the link and checking for the presence of your edits.
3. Find that image has reverted on your iPhone back to unedited (Without resetting the image). 

If you can produce an image that reverts after checking it in your cloud gallery, we need to get details about that image and the step-by-step process that created the loss of edits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So when editing pictures on the iphone I always have to check if the edit is uploaded to the web interface before closing the lightroom app.

What if the app does not get contact with wifi or mobile, I think the edit should be stored locally meanwhile. If not, I have to always have cloud connection before using lightroom..

And the cloud symbol. The running dots are wrong right? It should stop.

Can you get some kind of log to read when something like this has gone wrong? User data...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You don't need to check before closing the app. I was trying to give you some troubleshooting steps to follow so that we could diagnose what is happening on your images.  The edit should be stored locally. 

When the sync is complete, the moving dots should stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. The moving dots have been moving all day. It did not help to restart the iphone. It seemes the pictures that I edit are copied to the web. When I da an edit, there is a plus sign on the cloud that goes away after a while. I guess that is when it is transferring data to the cloud. The problem I am talking about does not happen all the time. Just from time to time, but it is alway very annoying to have to start over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk. Thank you very much for taking this seriously. I have updated to the latest lightroom app with the cloud communication fixes. So far it seemes to work much better. I hope and think the problem is fixed. I have not done very complicated local edits on the app yet, but it looks promising. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: There are still some bugs in Lightroom, I think it is related to "save to camera roll". I think all the times that I have lost my editing, it is when I have saved the picture to the camera roll. Also it may have something to do with leaving the app WHILE the picture is being saved. So I get the copy of the edited picture on my camera roll, but looses all information in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preavious post was the version before the 11 april update of Lightroom. There have been some more fixes of the cloud synchronization. I will report if the bug is fixed or still there later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Using the latest update. Still seemes to be deleting edits when saving images to camera roll. 
Also hangs in eternity when opening some images that are imported in Lightroom.
Hope someone can look into these bugs. The program is not good to use at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atle,  I spoke to the team and they had a couple of suggestions. 

The most likely cause is having the App going into the background without doing a force sync.  You can tap the cloud icon and press Force Sync to ensure data fidelity. Have you been doing this? 

Edits are saved when you move from one image to the next unless you do the force sync to intervene. If the app goes into the background before you do one of those things, it is possible for you to see what you are seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

I have found the exact bug. When doing an edit and then "save to camera roll", "maximum available", it will delete all edit settings and local edits. If I first do a forced sync, the changes are saved. It would be very nice if you fix this bug, because it is a bit combersome.

I also see that sometimes when importing several pictures, It is difficult to start editing a picture. There is an eternal "hourglass" running. It would be very helpful to see if there is a hang-situation, or if there is something going on. a % progress bar with a comment would be very helpful. Also in order to check if there is a bug here as well.

best regards,
Atle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atle, thanks for those steps. I was able to duplicate what you are seeing. I will get a bug filed today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three times now after I've edited an image in LR Mobile settings disappear when I come back to LR Mobile. iPhone 7 fully updated, LR Mobile appears to be fully updated as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
The concrete bug with saving is solved, but Lightroom still losses all edit information from a picture  from time to time, so there is still something wrong there.

The bugs I have seem in current version of Lightroom for iphone:

1. Edits for a picture is sometimes lost. It may have something related to saving the picture. The SW team should log the command history to better find these bugs.

2. Some newly imported pictures will never load. There is a running circle (hourglass) going on forever. There should be a note what is going on and a progress bar. This may help to identify the bug.

3. There is a bug when cropping images, especially after rotating them. It is not possible to extend the frame to some directions. There is also something regarding the aspect ratio. A fix is to select custom one more time even if custom frame size is already selected.

Please have a look at these bugs. As I have mentioned, extended logging would be very helpful to identify the problems.

best regards,
Atle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if #1 has been solved, but it is there now. Reported at the dutch speaking NCN and I can confirm it.

Reporting link https://forum.nikon-club-nederland.nl/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=70837

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if #1 has been solved, but it is there now. Reported at the dutch speaking NCN and I can confirm it.

Reporting link https://forum.nikon-club-nederland.nl/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=70837

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the issue that the meta info copyright in Lightroom mobile is delete in one synced directors when swiping the photo to the right and back to left. I can reproducing this for all photos in this special album. After each swipe to the right and back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Separate issue

Please reference the new conversation here: LIghtroom for Mobile: Metadata is deleted during swipe back and forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate