• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sync issue: "editing parameters are missing"

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since one of the recents releases, a very serious bug is happening. I synchroninze two Lightroom Desktop CC and two Lightoom Mobile instances and I alaways have been  confronted with synchronization problems, and give or take, scratching the install on one of my macs eventually resolved the problem (at the expenses of countless hours spent on this).

Now, I much more worrysome problem occurs (very frequently) : when I try to edit a photo on my main Mac, LR CC tells me that editing parameters are missing and that I should open the app on the mac where the edits where made... which is precisely that Mac, which makes the alert totally meaningless. Therefore, as far as I can tell, all my edits are lost (and I have an exhibition next week). Please help, this is very very bad.

FYI, I also every month open Lightroom Classic and let synchronization terminate in order to have a backup (you know, as for cases like this).

I've seen the "Known Issues" page and tried the solution that was suggested (change the rating or the flag) by it did not 

So please, please, please, fix this issue, I am loosing countless hours of work and I no longer trust LRCC for profesional work.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Do you mean you see this "Waiting for Settings" dialog when opening the Edit panel in Lightroom desktop:

Lightroom_Desktop__very_serious__sync_issue_-_Adobe_Support_Community_-_13329628.png

If that is the case, I see that issue quite regularly and it appears to happen when an image in the cloud which has an AI Mask applied (Subject, Sky or Background) syncs down to LrClassic. As soon as the sync completes something gets lost in the "handshake" between Classic and the cloud, resulting in that "Waiting for Settings" state in Lightroom Desktop. I've found that the simple remedy

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

While the team works on the bug, I am going to mark Jim's solution as an interim correct answer even though we expect a fix for this.

@Jim Wilde  I've cross-referenced this to your existing bug.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you see this "Waiting for Settings" dialog when opening the Edit panel in Lightroom desktop:

Lightroom_Desktop__very_serious__sync_issue_-_Adobe_Support_Community_-_13329628.png

If that is the case, I see that issue quite regularly and it appears to happen when an image in the cloud which has an AI Mask applied (Subject, Sky or Background) syncs down to LrClassic. As soon as the sync completes something gets lost in the "handshake" between Classic and the cloud, resulting in that "Waiting for Settings" state in Lightroom Desktop. I've found that the simple remedy in every case is to make a tiny Develop Module change to the image in LrClassic (I usually make a simple +1 adjustment to the Texture slider in the Classic Basic Panel), wait for that change to sync to the cloud and that clears up the "Waiting for Settings" status in Lightroom desktop.

If that's not the problem that you are seeing, please provide a screenshot of the message that you are seeing in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the idea. Indeed, I just tried to open LR Classic, let it synchronize, made a slight brightness edit, and it did solve the problem. However, this is quite irritating (not to mention quite risky). And probably just a minor software glitch to fix. The interesting thing is that the edit cannot be done on any device using the "CC" version or LR (Mac or mobile), and not even on the Web interface. Scary. So please, please Adobe... fix this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mydata~1667727799439.zip
<>
Please do not share this link. This is your private data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And probably just a minor software glitch to fix. The interesting thing is that the edit cannot be done on any device using the "CC" version or LR (Mac or mobile), and not even on the Web interface. Scary. So please, please Adobe... fix this ASAP!

I think it's probably more difficult to fix than you imagine. Syncing issues with LrClassic seem to be much more problematical to fix, which might explain why LrClassic has reduced syncing capability compared to all the Lightroom apps. However, I'm sure that Adobe are working on the problem, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

It's logical that the "workaround" edit cannot be done in any other app than LrClassic, as it's in that Classic to Cloud interface that the problem lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I'd be more than happy to forget LRClassic once and for all... when Adobe provides us with a full-fledge backup software (I'm not ready to bet my profesional life on one developer sneazing on the other side of the planet 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's just happened to me (again) and I've checked that the image does contains masks (but no AI mask)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for Settings error message.  Started about one year ago, infrequest, mostly self correcting.  Now very regularly occuring.  Setting now fail to appear even over days.  Lightroom Cloud 6.1.  Though it references one computer as the cause, error message occurs on a computer that has never seen Lightroom.  Complete uninstall and re-install doesn't help.  On square Grid view, edits are present. But when switch to Detail or Compare, edits are gone and cannot enter edit mode.  If I duplicate the photo, can edit the duplicated photo, but I risk losing thousands of hours of edits if I follow this approach.  Android version 8.1.1 brings up each photo without the error message.  My recent edits come up and all my edits are present.  On the desktop, when I bring up the image, at first for a fraction of a second, I see the most recently edited version.  Then it nearly instantly converts to the error message mode telling me it is waiting for settings, when for a fraction of a second it had just shown me that it had the version with most recent edits, and the Android version continues to show the most recent edits.  Yet, reviewing Google, it almost seems that I am alone out there with this problem.  I don't believe that for a second.  Does anyone have help, a solution, or just information.  Does Adobe have an honest response. I have sent help requests to Adobe on multiple occassions, but to date, no response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you're not alone. Quite a few people are reporting that this is happening more frequently of late, and while Adobe are still fixing things (quite a few of the problems that I was seeing have been cleared), there are still other variations still happening.

Usually, I've found that I can clear the condition by making a small edit to one of the edit sliders (I usually make a +1 change to the Texture slider) on the system where the edits are syncing FROM (i.e. not on the system displaying Waiting for Settings). Worth a try perhaps while we wait for the problem to be finally fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While the team works on the bug, I am going to mark Jim's solution as an interim correct answer even though we expect a fix for this.

@Jim Wilde  I've cross-referenced this to your existing bug.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate