• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Thumbnails do not update after editing on desktop application

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Android app v5.3. After making changes in the lightoom desktop, the thumbnails on the mobile APP do not update. The only way is to make a small change, then the thumbnail updates. The whole thing is quite frustrating and makes it very difficult to understand what has been changed and what has not.

Device: mate 20 pro.

Update: same issue on 3 different Android devices (Android version 8,9,10 respectively).

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the issue. I will log a bug with the Android team. Thank you for your report. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using Lightroom Mobile on an Android device - Google Pixel 3 and on the iPad. Both are the latest updated versions.

Any edits made on the iPad or on the web, do not sync with the 'smart preview' on the Android, even when I use the 'force sync' option on iPad, and have made sure there are no internet connection issues.

Have tried clearing the cache on Android, that did not help either.

Please do help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add - facing the same issue when editing from the iPad - device is a Pixel 3. Creating a 'version' of the final edit doesn't help either.

Thanks for your help on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with Samsung S10e running latest firmware and lightroom version.
Any news from Android team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*guido_rosina

No news or update yet, except for it being logged by the team.. No resolution on this either, as the issue/bug is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk confirmed the issue. That is the best what could happen, it will be fixed. App update period is longer lately, so we will probably wait couple of month though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk any resolution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all I have found a solution for "Adobe Lightroom Android app not loading the thumbnails", please open each photo and do some minor changes to it and the thumbnails starts appearing again. Actually this is caused due to deleting the cache files of Lightroom folder on the phone. Hope this helps you all. 😊 Have a wonderful day. Good Bye. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Any update? It's been two years! I am still seeing the same issue: thumbnails not always got updated! Sometimes, it's edited in desktop, mobile thumbnails don't get updated. Sometimes it's the other way around. Sometimes, thumbnails on both platforms (desktop and mobile) are not updated.

Edit is definitely sync'ed because if I open the image, it shows properly what I have edited whether it's on the same or on the other platform. As you can see from the attached photos, the grid view (thumbnail) has the blueish cast which was corrected and when photo is opened, it shows that it's corrected. 

Solution, as @FeedbackCommunityMember suggested, is to edit it slightly (on either platform). But why do I need to do this?

LeeCM_0-1642472302041.png

LeeCM_2-1642472353054.png

Votes

Translate

Translate