• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Very slow sync speeds with a large import

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm migrating from Aperture I moved ~50Gb of images into LrCC in one import. Images import to library fine, but the sync to cloud is incredibly slow - Task manager shows it topping out at ~0.5Mbps, whilst a quick speed check while the sync is running suggests upload speeds 15-20Mbps.It has been syncing for a few days now (admittedly not 24/7) which is pretty annoying! Any suggestions on how to get this going faster are much appreciated!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben, I'm sorry to hear about your issue. If you can send us a diagnostic log we will investigate the problem.

1) CMD or Ctrl + , to open preferences
2) Hold down Alt or option and click Diagnostic Log
3) Send the log to byoung @ adobe.com (no spaces)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have a very similar issue, but the sync seems to stall after only 10 photos.  No matter how long I leave it nothing else seems to happen.  If I click on the cloud and pause and then restart the sync it does another 10 or so reasonably quickly, but then stops again.  
I have over 25,000 photos waiting to sync, and so far it has only done a few hundred.  
Interestingly though it says that I am using 188Gb of storage already, it that pre-empting storage once the photos are loaded?  Although I thought I had over 300Gb of photos .
Is this a lack of capacity on servers at your end, or a problem with the migration on my side?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry, sorry I didn't get this to you, is it still worth doing now the sync is complete? To be honest I'm not sure of there was a problem now - I noticed that although network speed was showing as 0.5Mbps in the Processes tab of Task Manager, on the Performance tab it said 0.5Mbps receiving and actually 18Mbps sending, so maybe it was working fine after all. Either way, left laptop syncing over night and it completed the last ~2000 images.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing excruciatingly slow sync times.  In my case, I went all in and I'm trying to push a 44K photo/736GB collection.  Interestingly, I went from 50MB to 360GB within just a hand full of hours, but I've been reduced to a slow trickle ever since (went from 360GB to 372GB in 24 hours).  It's worth noting that I have a ~200mbps down and 12mbps up, which tests as pretty stable the greater majority of the time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, syncing is taking forever. 15,000 photos have been syncing for 7 days and I still have 7,000 to go. This makes Lr cc 2018 almost unworkable. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue.  Downloaded trial version of Lightroom CC using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app yesterday.  Tried to upload 50 files (average size 20 MB).  Task manager shows average upload speed of 0.5-1.0 Mbps.  After 30 minutes only two files have been uploaded....Maths does not seem to add up.

Love the app but upload problems makes it unusable.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I though it was about time i moved to the new Lightroom. I've added 24 photos, and it can't sync. It just spins

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do get sufficient files loaded that you want to start creating albums WATCH OUT. The albums show the added files but those files that have not yet synced disappear when you restart CC so the sorting efforts are a waste of time. Until the slow or non syncing problem is sorted LR CC is near useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload sehr langsam, nicht praktikabel

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue. It's been days, it seems to use up all the upload bandwidth, but only maybe 300 files have uploaded out of nearly 40k. When I look at the sync "progress" menu, the number doesn't reduce, even after watching for over 5 minutes.
EDIT: After doing some further research, I believe my issue is with the terrible upload speeds provided by my ISP (sub 2 Mbps). 100 days to upload at 1Mbps! Maybe 50 days if I ever get the maximum supposedly available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was just a slow speed my end, I'm getting maybe 200 photos/day. But sounds like it might be a larger issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this issue? Im still troubleshooting on my end, but is there an overall issue with syncing speeds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded to Lightroom CC along with 1TB of space. I have been syncing the whole day with only 114 images that have uploaded thus far...sooooooo painful and slow 😞

Based in Sydney, I know I don't have the fastest upload speed, but it definitely shouldn't be this slow as I regularly upload large files on Dropbox, YouTube and Flickr. What is going on?

Some screenshots for reference...

After syncing/uploading the from the morning and still going...there is still 549 out of 662 uploading.

RackMultipart20180321203966luh-14502fa4-3638-4383-9159-c1b5632d095e-858937871.png

My upload speed...

RackMultipart201803217852whadl-ab547eef-cfb8-4183-a412-983065d11396-1816500393.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the same upload speed as me. Here’s a link to how long it will take to upload: https://www.howtogeek.com/200728/why-...
100GB will take 10 days at 1Mbps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 
Im new to Lightroom (about 3 weeks in) and during this time I have only managed to upload about 300 photos. From what Im reading here, its an obviously on going issue and one that is not being addressed.  Contacted tech support and they pocked around mp pc for about 5 minutes in an attempt to help.  This seemed to have no clue as to what they were doing.  And when we got disconnected they made no attempt to re-connect, which is good as it would have meant more of my time wasted. So, fresh in and Im already looking for something else to use as I can see that there will be no support offered here. Very disappointing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tibor, can you go to https://www.speedtest.net and post the download/upload speeds please? It does sound exceedingly slow, but we should just rule out your internet connect first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous.  After a shoot I can easily import 1000 photos to parse through and touchup.  It seems like Adobe is trying to upload all the files at once.  Resulting in 5000 files in my case each trying to get their piece of bandwidth to get sent over.  This process should be serialized for anything over 10 files it seems.  Or more ideally, adobe should let us set criteria on which files get synched.  The criteria would be based on flag, stars, keyword, etc. Then we could load files up locally, fix them up, and then publish the files to the cloud that we want published.  1TB is a lot of data until you start having all the garbage shots stored up there too.  

ADOBE: This issue is in serious need of support.  It needs a bandaid immediately and a fix following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chip, vote on the selective sync thread if you don't want garbage up there Lightroom CC: Selective Sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having slow sync problems too! Trying to sync 400 photos for a full day and only 50 have synced. Would upping my internet upload speed with my provider help? Got in touch with adobe and they say there’s nothing wrong with my Lightroom cc. Does the age of my iMac have anything to do w it??? Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, go to https://www.speedtest.net and select a server on the US west coast, and then tell us your download and upload speeds. It does sound like an internet speed limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  Been trying to upload 1TB (35,000) photos for almost three weeks.  I still have 5521.  My upload speed is 34.4 mbs.  Working off of a 2017 5k iMac.  Now that you know my specs, what do you recommend?  From what I've read this seems to be an issue with the product itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too, with much less files. It's definitely not my internet connection. I wanted to test out Lightroom CC to see if it's worth it. So, I only added 5gb of photos into Lightroom CC, and the syncing is horribly slow. More than 3 hrs have passed and it's not even a quarter done yet. Meanwhile, I'm able to sync 200GB of photos to my OneDrive in just a few minutes with no issue.

Honestly, with how much Adobe charges for storage and Creative Cloud, and for Lightroom CC to only use it's own cloud storage, this is unacceptable. Either enable users to hook in their own faster cloud storage (OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive), or fix your cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe cloud doesn't have per client speed to 34mbps/sec. Some complain about 1.5-10mbps/sec so it will take 3x-30x as long. Your upload should take 3days and now it can take 30 days. If this is for business I can help you look at performance uploads so you can figure out this issue (hourly services). If you need faster cloud storage then I can help with cloud storage solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Used my Windows 10 laptop first, but after a week, yes 7 days of continues sync, I through the laptop in the corner.
After a week I took my Mac Book, reinstalled it and started the same process, and it is running 2 days now and it is slow. Netwerk connection is good.

Download 89.3Mbps upload 29.0

Received pakkage speed (activity monitor 10kb

Votes

Translate

Translate