• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

100% CPU Usage Lightroom When Opening Presets Or New Image on Macbook Pro M1 Max

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbp m1 max w/ 32gb ram. It's quite consistent. All I need to do is open an image and open the presets panel. The application becomes unresponsive and a cpu core will be pegged at 100% for 10-30'ish seconds. This also happens when selecting a new image. 

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. I'll need a little more information.

Could you please share the version of Lightroom & the operating system you are working on? What type of images do you work with, RAW or JPEG? Has this started since a recent update to the macOS or Lightroom?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

If you are on Adobe Lightroom (Cloud), test this behavior after pausing the Sync by clicking on the Cloud from the top right.

Please ensure Lightroom has the required permissions by following the steps shared in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto & restart Lightroom.

Let us know it goes from here,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macos Monterrey 12.4

Lightroom 5.4 (build screenshot below)

1. I changed the permissions to allow lightroom full access and accessibility following the above directions. No change after a LR restart.

2. I turned off the "use graphics processor" and restarted LR. No change.

I'm editing raw & jpg files out of a Sony A7RIV. The 100% cpu behavior happens with other cameras as well.

I don't remember when I updated and/or when the exact date was that this happened. It was a few weeks ago and I have not had time to deal with it. I generally keep my software up-to-date within a week for non-essential items.

evilbuck_0-1657662952263.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem which I mentioned here and think that they might be related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing presets has definitely helped. I'll post more information on your post. Hopefully they'll recognize it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines