Exit

2 Lightroom Sync Questions

Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

My 2 questions are.

1. When my friend starts the Sync in Lightroom Classic it seems to want to sync thousands of his photos. Does my friend have to let that happen first before just syncing 1 Collection? Is there any way to stop that & just Sync his 1 Collection?

2. In Lightroom mobile he had 2 Albums that were already synced but disappeared when I started the Sync process in Lightroom Classic. Is that normal? And will he have to create those 2 Synced Albums again or should they reappear after the Syncing of thousands of photos in Lightroom Classic is done first?

Thanks!

Digital Artist - Andrew Kavanagh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I can suggest- Lr-Classic is the 'Dumb' partner in any sync process!

A) It will sync DOWN- ALL and EVERY full-size file that has been imported to mobile devices (incl. Lr-Desktop) or added from 'mobile' cameras.

B) It will sync UP-  only photos that have been added to Standard Collections that are marked to sync. It does not sync UP an entire Catalog (unless it is all added to synced Collections!). And it only syncs up Smart Previews. So if only ONE Collection is marked to sync, it will only sync UP photos in that one Collection.

C) Files synced DOWN will ALL appear in ONE Parent Folder of the Classic Catalog (or dated folders- set in Preferences), and Albums will create Collections in Classic.

D) Files synced UP from Classic Collections will show in Albums of the same name in the Mobile Apps.

To your questions-

1) You cannot prevent the sync of photos 'down'. And only marked (to sync) Collections will sync 'up'.

2) Where are Albums "disappearing"? 

Is you friend using multiple Classic Catalogs? Sync can only use ONE Catalog!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines