• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow for a second monitor

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the secondary monitor feature gone ?
I'm just starting to use the cloud version after completing migration (which took a long time). How many more basic features will be missing?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
89 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please adobe, add an second screen for Adobe Lightroom CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no good news for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe holds true to form there will be no "news" regarding such a feature. When/if that feature is ever made part of Lightroom for the cloud, it will simply show up in a subsequent update. Until then, if the feature isn't there, it isn't there. That's the way things are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canceling membership unless 2nd monitor support is added soon. Too may other AND BETTER options now. Adobe is F****** it all up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely need this feature to complement the pro workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking of discontinuing the Adobe subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just joined Adobe subscription, found that after years of user request they still did not add 2nd monitor support to Light room CC (or in fact if you need classic then pay double the price for subscription fee). Let me be frank, nowadays many photo editing can be done on smartphone and iPad, the dependency on light room and overall dedicated camera is reducing, the only reason for me to come into raw shooting with Adobe is large screen magic.... If I am anyway kicked back to laptop 13" screen, I will unsubscribe and stay with iPad apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you're already aware, but you can just pick up the LR window and move it to your large screen. Or the Classic subscription is the same price, unless you need large amounts of cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you for reminding us that windows can move. The difference is with second monitor support you, we’d be able to be zoomed in to some part of the image while adjusting and editing, while simultaneously seeing that same image, zoomed out and fit to the screen, on the *second* screen. So you dial in the details, while still seeing the end result update live. You don’t have to zoom in and out, in and out, in and out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the sea of voices here, This is essential to my workflow!! Please add a second monitor to complement my professional workflow 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still not a thing...?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature request dates back from 2017, now we are 2020...

Coming from LR Classic, I've come to appreciate the possibility of editing my pictures on two monitors enabling me to work simultaneously on two levels of details. So I found it quite disappointing to see this feature gone in LR CC.

I've got serious difficulties to understand why this, to be fair, quite basic funtionality has not been ported right from the beginning. Here we are, three years later, and still no second monitor support. Adobe, I'm sure you do care about your customers' user experience, so please, integrate the second monitor support into Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual monitor functionality was a standard feature from the inception Lightroom Classic if I remember correctly.  I am frustrated that Adobe, for whatever reason, still does not include it in the CC version.  If this continues, it will be a deal-breaker for me.  I like having the extra real estate of my second monitor since I use a MacBook Pro.

Why have you not added this simple feature Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find second monitor Lightroom cc 4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Dual monitor functionality is not available in Lightroom Desktop. 

We are tracking all the requests on our Lightroom Feedback page here: Lightroom Desktop: Allow for a second monitor 

Please add your vote and feedback to the above discussion so that our engineering team can review it. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to find a version of LR that handled HEIC.
I have a full subscription to the Adobe suite but choosing which version was difficult.
When I finally updated to Lightroom 4.1 from the web (CC app did not have the latest) I cannot find a way of using second monotor.
Have looked in the Window menu and no second window option.
????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom v4.1 (for PC or Macs  referred to as Lightroom-Desktop - files stored in the Cloud),  AND Lightroom-Classic v10.1.1 (Using local image folders): BOTH handle HEIC files OK in my experience.

Lightroom v4.1 does not have the second window option as does  Lightroom-Classic .

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to use dual monitors in Lightroom CC in the same way I could do with Classic.
Is this possible?

If not please add this as a feature.

thanks,
John Berry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that your response is nearly 5 years old, but it still ignores what dual monitor functionality is. I can open as many laptops or devices side-by-side as I want. That does not mean, however, that as I move through them on one, the others will change as if synchronized. For example, in Lightroom Classic, I generally use my second screen for a photo grid to see what photos are in the album, and the main screen for the preview/edits. This functionality would not be replicable if I simply open up a screen of Lightroom CC on a secondary device. I would need to change the photo selection on one, then change again and edit on the other. While this may not sound like a big deal (and it's not), it's a rather blatant oversight seeing as the function does exist in Lightroom Classic.

Occasionally, when taking photos while traveling, I also use my iPad and Lightroom CC. I would prefer not to need to import all of those photos from my Adobe Cloud onto my laptop in order to edit them. Seeing as that's the benefit of using CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading the later comments, I can see that you suggested that with a bit of dry humor. I would remove my comment if I could, but seeing as I can't, I'm adding another to avoid going into an even lengthier conversation. A conversation that it appears you've already had in past comments :). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bit the bullet and switched my workflow and my entire catalog to Lightroom (cloud version). I am using a workflow that back syncs the entire catalog to LR Classic so that I can continue to use the features that are only available in classic, the most important one being dual monitor support. I'm finding however that Lightroom Classic doesnt play nicely with the Album (formerly Collection) structure that is used in Lightroom cloud. The last feature in LR Classic that I really need in the new LR is dual monitor support. Please make this happen ASAP so that I can ditch Lightroom Classic and finally have a fully functional cloud workflow.

To anyone else reading this who wants dual monitor support in Lightroom, make sure you upvote the feature request at the top of the page. I imagine more than 62 people (at time of writing) think the ability to use lightroom on two monitors is an important feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*charlesmajerus and now it's 2021. Completely agree that we need this feature. The other great use for dual monitors in Lightroom Classic is having one monitor in the vertical (portrait) orientation and one monitor in the horizontal (landscape) orientation. That way either orientation of photo can be viewed full screen at max size, rather than only being able to look at much reduced versions of all your vertical orientation photos. In LR Classic my photo review workflow involved setting both screens to full size and flipping through, then a quick turn of the eyeballs from one monitor to the other when going from a horizontal oriented photo to a vertical oriented photo is all that was needed to review and assess any photo at large detail. Lets get this functionality in the new cloud version of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now in 2021, over four years since this feature request was initially posted, I'm not convinced it will ever be implemented. I've been following this thread over the years with bemusement as one brave soul after another makes the same refrain, quite apparently to no effect. It's almost a joke, made at the expense of us users.

I have the luxury of saying this because I don't get paid to make photographs, but at some point you have to take a hard look at what Lightroom CC really is. In my view, it's at best a prosumer product, and priced for that market. I don't fire up the application every single day, maybe not even once a week, and I know I'm not using most of its more advanced editing features to the fullest extent. I can see why Adobe  made the judgment call that dual monitor support wouldn't have as much of an impact on an amateur like me who maybe views a hundred to two hundred pictures every few weeks. I do like the convenience of being able to store all of my pictures on the cloud for instant access for viewing/editing anywhere, and $9.99 a month for that privilege, while expensive, has thus far been tolerable.

This isn't to say I blame you professional users for making this request - it's inexcusable for Adobe not to have this from the initial release, but I'm thinking your hard-earned dollars, especially if you've made it in your photography business, is better spent elsewhere with a company that appreciates your professional needs. The fact that a half decade later they're still supporting and updating "Classic," is basically a tacit acknowledgement that CC can't compete with the likes of CaptureOne and other professional-level photo management applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate