• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow for a second monitor

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where has the secondary monitor feature gone ?
I'm just starting to use the cloud version after completing migration (which took a long time). How many more basic features will be missing?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
89 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something? How can I see my images in full screen mode in the new Lightroom CC like I used to be able to by pressing 'F'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First realize that Lightroom CC is NOT an update to Lightroom 2015/CC. It was built from the ground up. It is a completely new app. It is more like a port of the iOS/Adroid versions of Lightroom we had before. Lightroom 2015/CC was updated and is now called Lightroom Classic. It is something completely different and has all the full screen, printing, batch editing, highlight warnings, exporting, etc. features that you remember. Lightroom CC is currently still missing all of these. Unfortunately Adobe decided to cause us all a lot of headaches by naming this new application the same as the well known application. Lightroom CC is an app that stores all your images in the cloud and makes them available everywhere. Quite neat as a concept but because they built it from the ground up, it misses 90% of the features Lightroom Classic has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sdfgs43731822

Thanks for contacting us.

In new Lighrroom CC you can enable full screen mode by pressing Command+Shift+F (on Mac), or you can go to Menu bar>Window>Enter full screen mode.

On windows, full screen feature is not yet available..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC and what is now Lightroom Classic are two very different things. Lightroom Classic is the Lightroom we have all been accustomed to, but Adobe now also released Lightroom CC, which stores all the photos in the cloud. It's a pretty great idea, but needs a lot of refinement. And if you're like me and take a lot of RAW photos, you're going to fill up that cloud pretty quickly (you can buy more storage though). On a mac, can enter full screen mode in Lightroom CC by going to Window > Enter Full Screen. They keyboard shortcut for this is Control+Command+F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok. But you can't fill the screen, like when you click "F" in Lightroom classic, you will fill the screen without any clutter around the picture at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not actual full screen mode as implemented in the normal Lightroom at all. It just hides the window borders and the menu bar but doesn’t take the image full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it does not seem Lightroom CC will allow for just the image to go full screen in the way you are wanting it to at this time! Hopefully soon! Would definitely be a nice feature to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused Why are they trying to charge more money for this if It can't even do a simple thing like make the photo full screen weak adobe real weak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Lightroom CC is a work in progress. I have also heard that feature requests in the forums can go a long way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is a 1.0 version. You are going to be missing quite a few features compared to a 10 year old product like Lightroom Classic. That's only natural and maybe you should have tried Lightroom CC a while before plunging in and doing a complete migration.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a button to enable my 2nd monitor in the new Lightroom cc.  Am I missing something?  Surely this was not removed (???)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it either.  Remember that the "new" Photoshop Lightroom CC is so new it is in version 1. 

The replacement for the "old" Photoshop Lightroom CC is now called "Lightroom Classic CC" and it continues to have an option for a second monitor.  Nothing was removed.  

If you are accustomed to the tools, menthods and work flows of the "old" Lightroom CC we've had for years, stick with it and don't switch.  Continue with Lightroom Classic CC.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, maybe we should have, but a large part of this is the naming confusion. I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable to assume that a software suite entitled “Lightroom CC” would, well, have the same feature set as a software suite entitled “Lightroom CC”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an ordinary company, yes indeed. But hey, this is Adobe!
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan - I don’t agree that a v1.0 product should necessarily have missing features , particularly a fully chargeable product that builds on ten years understanding of what customers need, not to mention an existing code base. It’s claimed to be designed for use by professionals...
Overall i’m reasonably impressed by the migration process, and I’m looking into ways of using Classic with CC to get the right mix of features I need, but it seems that it is down to third parties to lead the way forward.
I’m not convinced that Adobe’s useability testing of the CC version has been completely effective, probably indicative of a somewhat cavalier attitude to its customers.
Perhaps a roadmap of when some of the basic features will reappear would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there will be features that simply have nog been added yet. If Adobe could use the code base to instantly add anything and everything that Lightroom Classic has, you would wonder why they introduced Lightroom CC in the first place.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems like that feature is gone.  Would be great to get that back... a MUCH needed feature for me at least.  Kinda wish I didn't switch and kept "Classic"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the new cc only subscription? If you got the standard photography package you can just install Classic and it should pick up your old Lightroom catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was 2nd monitor... Adobe please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. If Adobe is planning to sunset "classic" they better add dual monitor support to the "new" Photoshop. Until then, forget it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not said they are going to "sunset" the folder based Classic version.  That may be a rumor, but Adobe has emphasized continued investment in Classic development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your vote to the feature request for

having second monitor support here:

Lightroom CC: Allow for a second monitor | Photoshop Family Customer Community

It only has two at the moment  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already have it!  Remember this is cloud based and syyncronized.  Display the photo on one device and adjust it on the other.  I works!  I just did it.  Two screens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your responses. I've had some time to use the "new version" a bit more and here are some comments.

1. They need to come up with a better naming scheme so that we don't have to call it "new version". (-;

2. I hope the classic version doesn't go away anytime soon, because there are things in classic that are not in "new".

3. It seems unlikely that Adobe's long term strategy is to continue to have two products which serve the same purpose and have confusingly similar names. So I worry about classic being neglected.

4. I do like the portability of "new" which allows me to move from device to device. Very cool feature, but for now my real workflow will be done on my dual monitor desktop machine.

whsprague​: Not sure I understand what you mean... I tried loading a photo via the browser in one monitor and using "new" on the other monitor to edit... the pic on the browser side did not sync. Can you clarify what you did? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Yes.  Not only did their naming department cause incredible confusion, it also caused the rumor to start that the classic version was being retired or replaced.   Try searching for techniques on YouTube!

2.  Note that at the time of the name change, folder based LR Classic CC got some significant improvements.   That would not happen if it was going away.  (But no, I don't have inside information.)
3.  They don't serve the same purpose.  They are aimed at different customers.  Classic is aimed at people who are serious about classic cameras and classic processing, even printing.  The new one is aimed at the emerging market of mobile device photographers, or at least mobile photographers that still use some classic cameras.  Many photographers no longer even have printers!

4.  Multiple devices is fun. 

"Dual Monitors" was a "test" with the intention of a little humor.   I opened an image in LR CC (ex LR Mobile) on my phone.  I opened the same image in (new} LR CC on my Windows laptop.  I made a major, over exaggerated exposure adjustment on the laptop.   It took a few seconds on a fast internet connection, but the adjustment showed up on the phone.  I "reset" the image on the laptop and several seconds later it synced on the phone where the image was back to normal.  It was like having two monitors.  I did the "work" on one and the results displayed on the other, but with one reacting slowly.  I suspect if we get to the era of super fast internet connections, the lag will not be there. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate