Exit

Absolute Beginner with mobile sync issues

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using LR on my desktop fine to edit etc

I thought I understood there was automatic saving to the cloud

Have now downloaded LR App for Iphone but when I log in there is nothing there in any files.

Obviously missing something very basic but all the you tube help videos don't seem to be using the same version of LR.

I would just like to see my photos on my phone.  I don't even necessarily want to edit them on my phone.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

The first thing to clarify is which version of Lightroom are you using on the desktop? Lightroom Classic or the cloud-centric Lightroom? The syncing works differently depending on which app you are using, so clarification of that would be helpful.

In terms of the iPhone, you need two things:

a) You need to login to the LrMobile app using the exact same Adobe ID as used on the desktop.

b) The LrMobile app has to be sync-enabled and you have to have an internet connection....if you are only us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to clarify is which version of Lightroom are you using on the desktop? Lightroom Classic or the cloud-centric Lightroom? The syncing works differently depending on which app you are using, so clarification of that would be helpful.

In terms of the iPhone, you need two things:

a) You need to login to the LrMobile app using the exact same Adobe ID as used on the desktop.

b) The LrMobile app has to be sync-enabled and you have to have an internet connection....if you are only using a cellular connection you have to ensure that the use of Cellular for sync is enabled in the LrMobile app settings.

Assuming both of the above are as expected, it would help if you logged into your LrWeb account in any browser (go to lightroom.adobe.com and login using your Adobe ID), as that will show what images have been synced to the cloud. If that is empty then the problem is likely in the Lightroom desktop app, but if it shows all expected images then the problem is likely with the LrMobile app on the iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much for your reply. It was user error. I’d logged in via my mobile using my Apple ID. All working properly now. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines