• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom will not open on Macbook Pro

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running macOS Monterey 12.5 on a Macbook Pro. Lightroom 5.4 will not open. I get the splash screen for about half a second and that's it. I have deleted and reinstalled the program multiple times and it works for about a day then it stops again. I have signed out and signed back in to Creative Cloud multiple times and I have deleted and reinstalled Creative Cloud now. I have also shutdown and restarted the computer multiple times during everything described above as well. I have also stopped my antivirus software also trying to get everything to work with no luck. Now, after reinstalling Creative Cloud again, I am getting Error 198 attempting to install the Sync Component. Any help from anyone at this point would be appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I get the error message when launching Lightroom on Mac and on iOS : 

Access denied

You do not have access to this service.
Contact your IT administrator to gain access, or sign in with an Adobe ID.

Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 09.44.17.png

Although I have a Creative Cloud subscription (Enterprise). Lightroom Classic and all other Adobe apps are working well. 

I contacted my IT Administrator who told me that everything is fine on his side. It has to be something linked to my subscription.

Any help very much appreciated! Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that you're not able to access Lightroom on your Mac & your IOS device. Some Enterprise & Educational licenses do not include the Lightroom cloud services. If you are able to access other apps & only getting this message on Lightroom desktop or Lightroom mobile, it's possible that your Enterprise license does not include the Lightroom Cloud services.

Please check with your IT administrator to see if this service is included in the license the organisation purchased.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

I'm not sure if you're replying to my post or another post. In any case, I'm certain I had Lightroom cloud services before this problem I'm having started. It's included on my plan. Any other suggestions?

Regards,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm still getting the Error 198 when attempting to install the Sync Component.

memjayr_0-1660682185051.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble signing into my lightroom account, and every time that I sign in it says successful on the adobe cloud but when I go back into lightroom it says access denied. what can I do to fix that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I even tried purchasing on phone too and another email, and even after paying for a second susbcription on another account, that one gets the same error. Adobe objectively has the worst checkout/redemption process of any service I've ever used - it's impressively terrible and frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time I've posted this. I'm trying again to see if anyone else has this problem and hoping someone from Adobe replies with a satisfactory solution.

I am running macOS Monterey 12.5.1 on a Macbook Pro. Lightroom 5.4 will not open. I get the splash screen for about half a second and that's it. I have deleted and reinstalled the program multiple times and it works for about a day then it stops again. I have signed out and signed back in to Creative Cloud multiple times and I have deleted and reinstalled Creative Cloud now. I have also shutdown and restarted the computer multiple times during everything described above as well. I have also stopped my antivirus software also trying to get everything to work with no luck. Now, after reinstalling Creative Cloud again, I am getting Error 198 attempting to install the Sync Component. Any help from anyone at this point would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Also an enterprise subscription with included Lightroom, but since the recent update the "Access denied" error pops up everytime, irregardless of reinstallation and sign-out/sign-in attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I would like to personally thank everyone at Adobe for not suggesting one single thing to fix this. I am still having this issue and have pretty much exhausted every attempt to fix it without any help whatsoever from Adobe. To say I'm unsatisfied is an understatement.

Regards,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a community forum, with user to user interaction. While occassionally there are Adobe staff here, it's mostly just us users. For direct contact, use https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html and go to the contact links. There is an enterprise admin section. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this an older thread, however I had the same issues and was able to resolve my Lightroom Mobile issues not loading y enabling Java.  Access is normal and able to log into both Lightroom mobile and Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines