• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidental “delete from disk”

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was uploading my water camera pictures and uploaded them, then clicked on the videos and uploaded them, but realized they were both garbage so I did a "delete from disk" but it deleted my pictures too! They are not in my trash folder like the videos. Any idea where they might have gone?? They are also not in my library for 2021. I'm at a loss and feel sick that I just lost those photos! 
Is there a way to see recent downloads? 
Please help!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

UPDATE: the camera had an old date and I was able to find the photos in a old folder.

Thanks for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When you delete them from the Lightroom, that removes them from the catalog, and that removes all the editing as well. It will be necessary for you to import the images again and edit them again. The same would have been true even if you had just removed them from Lightroom. Doing so removes the images from the catalog, and that removes all of the edit history for those images.

If you have a backup catalog that you can restore that has those images in place. But then, any images that were added after that back up would not be included. And if you do have the backup catalog that you can restore, it would be well if you can restore the images to the same folder they were in before they were deleted.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also shows they are deleted from my sd card. This is my problem. They appear to be gone everywhere (disk and not in the trash). I uploaded the pictures, then when I uploaded the videos, it started a new folder and that is all I hit "delete from disk" for, so I am confused. 
I sincerely hope I did not lose them totally, but I cannot find them anywhere in LR. 
is there really no way to find a "recent upload" that I had not done anything to yet??

thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: the camera had an old date and I was able to find the photos in a old folder.

Thanks for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines