Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Accidentally deleted Raw photos from pc, ignore file not found code?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a dumb question and situation to be in but....

I accidentally deleted all my RAW files on my PC the other day and have tried every way that I found to get them back, however I cannot. I'm getting the "file could not be found" error, and I was not sure if there was a way to get around this or what without having the original files.

Appreciate any help, but I figure I am out of luck....

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've lost all your Raw files, and you don't have a backup of them, then there is very little that you can do about that. Assuming your catalog and previews are still available, they only thing you can do is create jpegs from any existing previews. Depending on the size and quality of the available previews, they may be better than nothing. You could try this plug-in: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/preview-extraction

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom. If you were using Lightroom your raw photos would be in the cloud. You posted your question in the Lightroom forum.

Lightroom Classic does not store your photos, it simply points to them on a hard drive. What you see in Classic are just previews.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Files deleted on a PC are stored in the recycle bin normally. Are the raw files not in the recycle bin, and can you not restore them from there?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines