• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adaptive Filters in LR Allow for HSL edits while regular masking doesn't?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  So... one of the major features I'd love to have is HSL sliders with masks. They haven't been there for years in Lightroom, but it looks like the new adaptive filters now allow for this?  

Still - in regular masking mode, it looks like there is no HSL slider available, and AFTER I create the initial adaptive filter mask, when I want to go and edit that mask later, it looks like the HSL slider isn't there any longer and only appears when the adaptive filter is first created. 

Is this how it works for others too? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I'm quite following. The HSL sliders as pictured in your screenshot are only available for global edits. However you can use a Masking > Color Range selection to target the colors you want to change, then the local Hue and Saturation and Exposure sliders to adjust that color range. It's actually far more flexible than the global HSL sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a bit confusing perhaps. When you click on an adaptive preset, that preset gets applied. The panel on the right is still the global panel however, not the local adjustment panel that belongs to the mask that was also created by the preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines