• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Brush effects are not appearing when held down

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started happening only after the recent big masking update. When I hold down (click with mouse or just pressing down with the tablet) with the adjustment brush, the effect it would have had will not appear until I let go. So the problem isn't that the effects or outcome aren't working. The problem is that I can't see anything AS I'm doing it.

For example: I choose to make the overlay visible OR adjust the settings (like exposure, shadow, etc.) and then proceed to paint/draw on the photo. I click/press down to do this and decide to just scribble all over it. As I'm scribbling, I can't see ANY of the scribble even though I should. But then, I let go when I'm finished scribbling, and the scribble with its changes appear.

^I should be able to see what the brush is doing as I'm doing it rather than see the results as an aftermath. What is happening here and how do I fix it? I really need this fixed.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, I just uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the old one. The brush now works the way it should again. This means the newer version has a HUGE problem as I have uninstalled and reinstalled that one prior. This is likely a windows bug that needs to be sorted out. I really want to use the new features but I can't as I also really need the adjustment brush to function right.

I'm no expert and it would be great if actual experts can help me with this thing (seems like folks get ignored a lot on here) but to me, it seems like I should have posted this in the bug section as this really seems like a bug/glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue since the update and I think I should also uninstall. It's so frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a GPU issue. Is your driver up to date direct from the manufacturer, as Windows Update is often delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite it (windows settings) telling me it's up to date, I selected check for updates and there were new updates. So I did them and reinstalled the new version of lightroom. The issue is still happening, nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to Help>System Info… and get us the full system specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem I'm having with the new recent masking update just keeps getting worse. I've already posted about the issues with the adjustment brush before as a discussion type question but I'm now convinced it's a major bug. The brush won't show any impact when clicked/held down until after I've released it. It doesn't matter if the overlay is on, the color is on, the brush sliders are at 100, or if I tweaked the effects for the brush (exposure, highlights, etc.). When I start using the brush and just do anything (like a scribble, it doesn't matter), nothing shows up to follow the gesture until I let go of it. This is seriously problematic. I need to be able to see what I'm doing AS I'm doing it.

So in the discussion type post, someone told me this sounds like a gpu problem and that I may need to fully update windows. Well I did that and it did nothing.

In order to get the brush working again, I've been reinstalling the old version (4.4). This does fix the brush but it means I obviously can't use the new features. Not only that but it seems that as I've reinstalled this version multiple times, it's been regressing! There are now less editing features in 4.4 than there was when I originally reinstalled it! How can that be?!

I don't know what to do. I really need all of this fixed. This is extremely aggravating and it's been a huge waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help if you don't answer the questions, what are the full system specs and graphics card driver version? If this was affecting everyone, there would be a mass outcry, so there's a detail here that we're missing.

There are now less editing features in 4.4 than there was when I originally reinstalled it! How can that be?!

What editing features are you missing? I suspect they're probably just hidden using disclosure triangles, and the preferences got reset when you uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A moderator merged my post from the bug section to here and that's why it seems like I ignored your question. So your post about system specs was actually created after what I said above and it just looked like a reply. Nevermind that though, here are the specs (I reinstalled version 5):

Lightroom version: 5.0 x64 [ 20211012-0002-a1240ed ] (Oct 12 2021)
NGL Version: 1.27.0.12
WF Version: 4.0 8176236
VF Version: 0.1.36.2
HIL Version: 40400
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: Windows 10 Home (2009)
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Hewlett-Packard 500-277c / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.3 GHz
Built-in memory: 12192.8 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 12192.8 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1875.9 MB (15.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2247.5 MB
Memory cache size: 2035.8 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.0 [ 950 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 933MB / 6096MB (15%)
Camera Raw real memory: 934MB / 12192MB (7%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: Unknown
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: No, supported: No, compute: No, init: I1_Failed, hard: fail_no_gpu2, soft: not_checked, al: No, dl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application Folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC
Library Folder: C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data

The graphics card driver version: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600     20.19.15.5058

You're right about the drop down triangles in version 4.4. It's strange that it didn't reset that stuff when I initially reinstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, there's a firehose of stuff coming through at the moment so I'm lagging too. I suspect you're just hitting the limits of your GPU, however checking Intel's site, there seems to be a more recent driver released in 2021. I'm not current on Windows as I'm Mac based these days, but it might be worth checking if it'll help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm having the hardest time identifying this recent driver. I can tell that my version is old but Intel is telling me it can't be updated. I've looked at so many different pages and can't tell where I'm supposed to find the best driver for my pc.

Can you provide a link for what you're looking at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the page I was looking at: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?ws=text#t=Downloads&layout=table&cf:Downloads=%5... or if the software mangles that link maybe this one will work https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?ws=text#t=Downloads     Perhaps someone Windows-based could weigh in here?

I've also been following another thread where photographers are having trouble with 11.0 on Intel graphics with Select Subject, so the solutions that worked for them could be worth a try: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-windows-only-select-subject-or-select... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines