Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe LIghtroom - Account Change

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have found several similar posts but not really on the exact same subject. 

At work I have an Adobe ID account which I am also allowed to use privately - we probably won't be renewing the plan, though. Now I signed up with a new private account and wanted to move my pics from the old to the new account before the plan expires. 

Is this at all possible? I can export pictures and import them in the new account, but that does not include the edits and different versions/presets/filters/etc. of the pics. 

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export as "Original + Settings", then the images are saved with an XMP sidecar file that contains the edits if the images are proprietary raw files, and if they are RGB or DNG files then the settings will be stored in the image header. If you import such a picture in Lightroom, it will automatically read and apply the settings. To copy presets and profiles you need to export these too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan, 

Thanks for the info - but if I import Original+Settings I can no longer see the original Image or the edits/filters on the images, I only see the "final product" - or am I doing something wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you must be doing something wrong. 'Original + settings' is -as the name suggests- the original image plus the Lightroom settings. Once imported, you should see just that: the original image and the Lightroom adjustments. Just like it was in the other account.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, when you import Original+Settings you will see the final edited state.However, you can use the menu under the "three dots" icon at the bottom of the develop tool icons to either show the original ( or use the "\" shortcut key to toggle between the current edited state and the original image), or you can use the "Reset Edits" option to completely revert back to the original image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines