• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio - Is there a way to download higher resolution photographs from photo grid

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I recently started using Adobe Portfolio and I like it. However when I upload my pictures either directly from lightroom or a folder on my computer to a photo grid and try to download them on another device. The files are a much lower resolution than before. like 1200x800 on an iPhone or 1920x1080 on my computer. Is there a way to save the original high-resolution files to a device instead? I know if you were to upload all the pictures and individual pictures and download them, they will download as the original file size. Hopefully, it's something simple I'm missing.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand exactly, but you can always download or better save your pictures directly out of Lightroom in a high resolution.

If you download pictures from the internet it will always be lower resolution because of Processung through Webservers (its the same with other Websites, too) instead of direct download out of the Application in high resolution. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Henrik,

I think I am following what you are saying, however, if I were to upload all my pictures from an album one by one by using the "image" option and then download one to my device it would save at the full resolution (32.5MP) regardless of the device being used. But when I do the same thing with the "photo grid" option. and try to download a picture to my device. It saves at a much lower resolution (1-2MP) It also seems dependent on what device I am downloading it to, for example, if I am downloading it to my computer it will save as a 1920x1080 file whereas if I were to save it to a iPhone it will save as a 1200x800 or 1200x1600 file. I am essentially asking if there is a way to download the full 32.5MP images to a device when using the "Photo Grid" option.

I hope this helped clear things up

-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I'm not following you. Are you talking downloading from Portfolio or something else? From Portfolio you can use the "Save Image" right-click option (if you haven't disabled it), but that will only download the image preview that was originally uploaded to Portfolio, which appears to be 1920 pixels on the long edge. As far as I know, there is no possibility of uploading full-resolution images to Portfolio. If you want a full-resolution download, best to do that from whichever Lightroom app you use to send the images to Portfolio, which is what @Henrik Heigl was saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Im sorry, we're having trouble understanding each other here. Although part of what you said was able to help me. I will try to explain myself better. When I am talking about saving pictures, I am talking about right-clicking and saving images (or pressing and holding to save images on an iPhone)

The disconnect I am having is that when I upload pictures using the "add image" option to my site and then try to save/download them in the way I described above. They save to the device I'm using at the full 6960x4640 resolution.

However, when I upload the same pictures using the "photo grid" option and try to save/download them the same exact way by right-clicking/pressing and holding. The files that are saved to the device are of a much lower resolution. The question I am asking is if there is a way to download the original-sized, files instead of the previews like you were explaining. I hope that this clears up some confusion.

-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to add that the reason I am concerned about resolution is that I am currently testing a website where other people will download pictures and if possible, id like for them to download the highest quality possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see what you are doing now. But I think your question is more of a Portfolio question than a Lightroom one. I've only ever used the Lightroom integration with Portfolio, and that does indeed only send over small previews of the original images. Not knowing much about Portfolio I didn't realise that there are more direct methods for adding images. So if you use the Photo Grid option for adding images there seem to be two options:

"Upload Files" or "Lightroom". If you use the Lightroom option then I would expect small preview files, but if you use the "Upload Files" option are you saying that also only uploads small previews? If that's the case, you make be better advised to direct the question to the Portfolio team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, regardless if I import through lightroom or upload the high res photos from my computer directly. If they are in a photo grid they are low resolution.

I was unable to find any dedicated Portfolio forums wheres the best place to reach out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same issue. Were you able to find a simple solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. 

To clear it up, what he's saying is when we're using the website and uploading our pictures to photo grid. We expect when we download the pictures after the site is live to get the full resolution image. However, we're getting a fraction of that resolution. Therefore, it's not working as a good photo dump to show people to download their images.

I'm very interested in getting this fixed or some kind of change or update. Everyone's liking my portfolio page but I might have to use another one if they can't get the highest quality from that site.

Im still new but heres my site. I upload the highest file size at 2048 pixels

https://tutivision.myportfolio.com/july-9-2023-garage-bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe, are you listening?  Portfolio needs to have an option of downloading full resolution image.  Please implement this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you here commented over at the Portfolio space? https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines