• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice for best Lightroom storage that used external HD and cloud

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a daily news photographer who's new to the role and would love to advise. I use Lightroom and regularly edit and file photos via my phone. I love that the photos I import from my camera via Bluetooth and backed up via cloud - as if I need to find a photo quickly it's there. However, I also want to store my personal projects in my Lightroom album but I don't want these on the cloud as it will just be too large. Is there a way to split my Lightroom storage so that on my phone it's via cloud and on my Mac laptop it's via external HD? 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Lightroom does not have selective syncing at the moment. It stores everything on the cloud & relies on the cloud, which makes all your work accessible everywhere.

In an experimental workflow, you can sync images from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic on the MacBook.

Lightroom Classic downloads full-size originals to the desktop from the cloud. Once downloaded, as a test, you can try deleting an image from the Lightroom Cloud (https://lightroom.adobe.com), or Lightroom & Lightroom Classic will still retain the original full-size image that is kept only on the MacBook & not on the cloud.

This might help you to some extent,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines