• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After changing account email I cannot deactivate Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Lr 6.1.14 on macOS 10.14.6. I have Lr installed on my Mac mini and a MacBook Pro. 

I changed my Adobe account email address, then in Lr 6, signed out from the old address and then signed in with the new.

Now I get a message saying my serial number is already in use and I need to deactivate another computer within 29 days.

But there is no option to deactivate that I can see anywhere. A post I found here says you just need to sign out ... which I did ...

So I click the link for customer support ~ Contact Us "Real help from real people" ~ of course, silly me, there is no customer support!

If there is a way to contact any "real Adobe people" it's extremely well hidden!

So hoping some real person on this forum can help me!

BTW - I went back to my account profile to change back to my old email address, but my old address was not accepted - I got the error messag "Primary email must have a valid value" ... so I am completely stuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the EXACT same problem, but only have ONE computer, and it was nothing to do with changing email address!

My Adobe account CONFIRMS that I have purchased and registered Lightroom 6, and it HAD been working for a couple of months, but now refuses to even launch.

How, WITHOUT me having bought a new computer since, AND the serial number only attributed to MY email address; can I now NOT be able to use the application on the SAME computer it USED to work on?

It seems as if Adobe only really cares about new customers signing up to their subscription accounts.

I am still on an older Mac OS, so that I can carry on using my Creative Suite 6 as well, but this is just really poor service, to be honest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried re-installing Lr 6?

BTW In the end I did manage to contact Adobe customer support and they fixed the issue quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling, yes...

Still receiving the SAME error message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:- **scam email address** and they will help you via Email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's that one supposed to mean..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your guess is as good as mine!!! I just copied in the text Adobe sent me in a private message. See if this works:

*** scam email address removed ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines