Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing mulitple photos in Denoise

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

First of all, the Denoise works well and the results are great, was about to buy Topaz but for my use case (real amateur with barely any time to edit) its now obsolote. But it seems that I cannot batch process the AI Denoise to multiple photos.

Background: I love lightroom (Ligthroom 6.3.1) because its a one stop shop from simple editing (I use mostly Auto presets), intuitive organisation to syncing my photos across all devices I own. I upload the SD card (RAW CR3 Files from my Canon R7) onto my computer and into lightroom. There I sort through them (again, super easy and quick with the keyboard shortcuts), then delete the photos I don't want to keep and edit the photos (mostly on Auto due to lack of time and know-how - but its enough).

As said, this denoise feature delivers great results (apart from really adding to the size). But I got the following questions:

1. Is it possible to use the AI Denoise on more than 1 photo at the same time?
  2. is it possible to afterwards filter all the "old" CR3 files out without having to click on each duplicate and then delete the CR3 manually?
  3. Any chance to reduce the enourmous File size (this is not that big of a deal as I could export the edited DNGs to keep the edited RAW's, then use the JPEGS in the albums to not use up my cloud storage too much)

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

MacOS ------- LightRoom Version 6.3.1

Yes, you can! Just go to the Photogrid or Square view, select all the photos you want to AI denoise, photo menu, enhance (command + option + E), click denoise and enhance. 

When the process end, now you will have 2 photos on stack for each photo you denoise (you can tell by the number two in the top right corner of each photo). When you export all the photo to jpg, lightroom only take the enhanced DNG photo of the stack and don't duplicate the photo on the exp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS ------- LightRoom Version 6.3.1

Yes, you can! Just go to the Photogrid or Square view, select all the photos you want to AI denoise, photo menu, enhance (command + option + E), click denoise and enhance. 

When the process end, now you will have 2 photos on stack for each photo you denoise (you can tell by the number two in the top right corner of each photo). When you export all the photo to jpg, lightroom only take the enhanced DNG photo of the stack and don't duplicate the photo on the export.

I dont find a way to filter the CR3 files from the new DNGs but, as i said before, LR only takes the enhanced DNGs to export when you do the process so you will have no duplicates photos in your exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacobo, 

Amazing thanks for the info - at least the batch works - did not cross my mind to try it with the Enhance function.

As I will not keep RAW Files in my Lightroom Photoalbums anyway (uses too much space), I am thinking of the following workaround: Export them all as originals & JPEGS, then backup DNG, delete CR3 and re-import the JPEGS into lightroom photoalbum for organisation and sync across devices. Its a couple of clicks more but at least I don't have to click on each photo to delete the Cr3 in LR. 

Thank you and have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ThANK YOU!!!! Made my workflow sooo much better!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my take on Multiple photos Stacking and Denoise:

I used Sequator for stacking and then used Topaz Denoise, before LR introduced Denoise - Enhance. I compared the results for the two workflows. Seems like LR Denoise does a good job same as Topaz Denoise. However, I find stacking done by LR better and it does remove one step from my workflow. All in one is a great option.

The only drawback I see in using LR Denoise is this - In Sequator I have an option to choose the base image, especially matters when stacking MilkyWay which moves every second.  In LR, I don't have that option. The system chooses the base file so it may not give me the MW angle which I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Works for Windows as well: Ctrl + Alt + E.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this post looking for how to batch process AI Denoise as well, so thank you for asking. As for your second question - In the Library module you can sort by file extension. This will put all of your .CR3 files together and all of your new DNG files together. Of course, unless you did the AI Denoise on everything you would still have to select just the CR3s that you did Denoise on. I think what I would do is sort by file extension, mark the Denoised DNGs with a color label, and then sort by capture time again. At least that way you could see at a glance the original  CR3 next to the DNG and select them in a batch to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did so far processing pictures one by one. Now that a batch denoising is possible I think I will: i) move temporarily the photos I want to denoise to a separate album ii) perform batch denoise iii) filter CR2/3 and delete iv) move back DNGs to original album

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Enhance to batch Denoise for a couple months, but had to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom.  Now, when I try to denoise more than one photo at a a time, the app tells me that the images are not the correct format and I cannot use Denoise.  This is very frustrating since I will typically need to denoise 5 images at a time and am now reduced to doing them one at a time.  Any ideas here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

You may have already found this out but if you change your default to .tif or an unsupported file type, noise reduction will not work. You will need to use either the Raw camera file or you can convert to DNG but .tif, .png or .psd will not work. I am not 100% certain but I don't think a JPEG would be supported either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pro tip, a "kind of batch" processing. 
Select wanted photos, Shifp + Control + Option + i

Pure magic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked Ctrl+ALT+E in Win 11 wanted to open an external editor! Steve nailed it here with Shift+CTRL+ALT+i Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like that in the next Lightroom update several photos could be selected to make an AI noise reduction and not go ONE by ONE

(Thread title edited by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines