Exit

Album 'sort by' - Android, mobile

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Android v7.0.0
Android 10

Despite attempting to sort photos in an album by file name (ascending), the app always defaults to sorting by capture date as soon as the app is closed. I'm reporting this now following the latest update but for me the app has behaved liked this throughout its life.

I would add that the same album photos are synced to the Lightroom desktop in Windows. In Windows my preferred sorting is respected. In the mobile version (Android at least) it is not. The mobile version does its own thing, which is frustrating.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reporting this however I can't reproduce this unless I force stop the app. For me simply closing the app and reopening it does not change the sort order. It only reverts back to Sort by Capture Date if I force quit. Is that what you are doing? Tell us specifically how you are closing the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

I got your private message:
"This is hartlock7.

Thank you for answering my query. I have been trying to respond on the message board, but the page keeps trying to get me to sign in when I press reply and then just crashes.
Anyway, in answer to what you have said, I just exit the album (press back arrow and return to home page) and swipe up to close the app or I'll just swipe up to close. Is either way force stopping? In which case, how should I close the app then?"

The forum is a little messed up today. 
Skip the part where you swipe up and you should be ok. Swiping up is force quitting it. I still think it may be a bug but I need to check with the developers to be sure.

Thanks again for reporting this.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick for this reply and sorry for the delay in responding. Answer is not wholly satisfactory. If I never swipe up I'd have to keep the app in the background all the time when I'm not using it. Obviously, I'd like to dismiss the app once I've finished with it.

I do appreciate you checking this with the developers to see what they think. Making my preferred sort order stick after I swipe up is what I'm really looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have always had this problem with the app. It never saves my preferred sorting. I would like to see a default sort option that I can set for myself and would be set across my devices. Why does the app default to sort from END?

I would also like the individual albums to save the sort and filter options I set for them on an individual basis.

This is very important for workflow across devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines