• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All is lost!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hours and days of work and editing vanished when I updated to LR v5 last night!

The software was struggling and was really a pain – frequent crashes and stalls – not responding. Actually, many of my hours were spent starring to my screen till it get unfreezed!  Really a shame because the CC version rarely did that!

Amid very nice new features, the stability of this software is really a shame!

I will appreciate anyone who can help me to recover the edits, make stalls and freezes stop and help me find where is my gigabytes of pictures which LR claims that it is stored but I can’t reach!

Thank you!

Version 5
Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
It is possible that my subscription also goes under the e-mail address I used to use: <Removed for Privacy>
I don't know what you call crashes but if it means that the application is not responding and you have to use task manager to close it... I have had loads!!! I don't manually send any - maybe it is sent automatically? Plus that it seems that there is something like a cache which loads up and slows the functions but as I edit my pictures, it gets heavier and more unstable! I am sending a system info picture and 0 pictures out of over 3600 pictures I used to have here before the update last night!
I find it interesting that you can't find any traces! Almost every time I want to update I have to reinstall Creative Cloud because it is not working properly and takes ages to update!

Thanks for helping anyways.

Lr lost all my pictire.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know they are not lost and the pictures are stored but I cannot restore them! And also why they are lost during the update???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you are signed-in with the wrong adobe-id? I've just had a look at the serverside for the accout-email from your screenshot and I see a Photography plan (20GB) applied without any stored photos on our server. But when I look at the adobe-id which you use for this forum I see an an Photography plan (20GB) applied as well with stored photos on our server. Hope this helps - Guido/ Lr QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YEEES!
It actually did help!
What I don't understand is why I have 2 accounts and why, after the uupdate, the "second" account was chosen where I was working with the other one!

This seems to rise more problems than the first issu but thank you!

Now I have to combine them!
I also hope that this may have been the reason for crashes and show function. Even though as I write now pictures are syncing, I am afraid that I get back to that unstable situation - maybe because of 2 accounts!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines