• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Almost all photos gone after migration to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that occured on a 2020 Apple M1 Macbook Pro, MacOS 11.5.2, with Lightroom CC version 4.4.

Last week I decided to switch from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom (4.4), because my photos were starting to take up too much local space. I followed every step of the migration instructions. The app told me everything had synced and at first everything looked exactly as I would expect. I even started a few fresh edits the day after, in Lightroom (4.4). Now, a week later, I open Lightroom CC and it shows only 26 photos, with no trace of any of the thousands of others. Clicking on the cloud logo in the top right, it tells me everything is synced, and I'm using 73,8 GB out of my 1TB of cloud storage. That's indeed about the amount of space that my full library used to take up, so I assume all my photos are present on Adobe's servers, but they're nowhere to be seen in Lightroom. Where did everything else go?

In the bottom left it shows albums, containing one album called "Migrated Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10", supposedly only containing said 26 photos.

I should also mention that I found a Lightroom Library file of 76 GB in my bin (I did not put it there), and my Pictures folder now contains a Library file that's only 89,2 MB. But even when opening the file that somehow ended up in the bin, it only shows the same 26 photos, but no trace of anything else.

Is there any way I can force Lightroom to load the full library/all of the content present in my cloud storage? Is there something I should do with the library file that mysteriously showed up in my bin? Basically: where has everything gone, and how do I get it back?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login with your Adobe ID to https://lightroom.adobe.com

How many pictures show at that location?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk,

When I log on there, it shows me the same photos under "all photos", but shows a list of 1180 photos under Sync Issues. It tells me to open Lightroom on my Macbook, which I did. But Lightroom on my MacBook doesn't mention these Sync Issues, and clicking on the cloud icon in the top right shows "Synced and Backed Up". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My recommendation is to open that Macbook and the Lightroom client on that Macbook that was originally used to sync, make sure it is connected to the internet and that sync isn't paused, and let it sit and sync for a while. I would give it several hours to see if any of the counts move. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines