• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Android) Edits made on device not synced to LrC and LrC overwrites devices edits

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so upset.

I did a TON of edits to images via lightroom mobile to a collection I had synced initially from lightroom classic. Today I went back into lightroom classic to finish up and do some additional tweaks, but I noticed none of my images had been updated, despite seeing that it said everything was synced.

I go into lightroom CC and see that my lightroom mobile edits are still there, thank goodness. I hope it will sync and then update in lightroom classic. However the opposite happens and the lightroom CC syncs with how the images are in lightroom classic, essentially reverting them to original RAW.

When I check the history in Lightroom Classic it shows "From LR mobile" however clicking on it does not change anything, it is still the base unedited image.

Is there a way to see history in lightroom CC and undo the last sync with Classic?

I have never had this happen before. I am wondering if it has something to do with the new updates?

TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happend to me too, was very annoying to reedit these.

At the moment LR Classic is not storing any chances into xmp files, I get that "meta data needs to be saved" symbol on every photo I change stuff on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a screenshot of the system clock on both systems and post them here please?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What advantage would a screenshot of two clocks showing the same time bring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system clocks are the same. I don't know how to take a screenshot on two different devices simlutaneously, so the time would not end up being synced in the screenshots, but they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. I reedited the images I lost.

The same thing started to happen again. I noticed my images in Lightroom classic did not have updates applied but was fully synced (I had made these edits days ago in lightroom mobile and made sure they were fully synced then). I paused sync on my Lightroom mobile app, so I would still have the manual settings to refer back to and they wouldn't get overwritten like last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2. With lightroom mobile still paused, it started applying the metadata info changes (flags, stars, etc) in lightroom classic but did not apply the photo edits (color/ lighting/ profiles/ etc).

My current solution is just to stop using Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! I had the exact same issues and found a fix after hours of troubleshooting. The bug relates to LrC classic first syncing the photos stars/flag status then development settings ~1 min later (then when LrC receives the development syncs from cloud it incorrectly thinks it has more currrent version due to recent flag/star change and then overwrites its older development settings). Avoid by never trying to sync change to development settings and changes in star ratings/flags simultaneously. Doing so will caus LrC to earse the development settings every single time. 

Tip1: Only sync either developmet settings or stars/flag status from Lr to LrC at a time. Never both. Dev settigns will be lost

Tip2: You can recover all your edits in Lr (non -classic) under the "versions" section of the edit mode (near the undo button on phone Lr versions). You can select the edit version mobile that was overwritten and set  to 'current' to recover them by photo at a time. Painful but better than reediting. They will sync second time to LrC since they is not a simultaneous flag/star change. 

Things that never help me:

-Checking system clocks as Adobe helplessly suggest everytime.

-Updating apps or OS or reinstalling apps

-Resetting sync settings in LrC

FYI this happens with all versions of Lr (non-LrClass): android, iPhone, iPad, desktop Lr (non-classic). Issue relates to how LrC (13.1 or earlier) syncs.

Adobe Please Fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I'm following what you're suggesting and I start on my iPad...do my star ratings and flags, let them to sync to classic, wait some time just to be sure, then later do my edits on the iPad and then let those sync to classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good tips and certainly the waiting between should help a bit indeed. The syncing between classic and cloud has been broken for a long time now to the point of being less than useful since it is so easy to lose data. To me it seems to happen very randomly and also without doing any star ratings so I've largely given up on editing on my iPad as it is almost random whether the changes actually end up in Classic. No amount of resetting sync data or even completely wiping the cloud seems to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not so sure, I've had this issue without classic seeing any of the photos yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines