• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android not downloading in background, any news?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I use LR mobile I never got it to download stuff in the background. And with my storing of several hundred albums with the "store locally" function for access without Wifi its a real pain to sync that. Because I have to connect my devices to power, setup the longest timeout for the display and babysit for a long time to get my albums downloaded. Its not happening if the screen turns off, its not happening if the app is in the background.

It has nothing to do with the power-saving settings and battery saver, the permissions and exceptions are all set. And it happens across different devices from different manufacturers.

Am I the only one bothered by this?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on I can't be the only one that has to connect his phone to a power source, turn the display timeout to its max of 10 minutes and babysit that until LR finished storing my selected albums locally, because it does not happen with the screen turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top its not even fast storing those smartpreviews on the phone, I've never seen it use all available bandwidht, that makes it even more annoying. Somtimes it just stalls and I have to foreclose the app to get it going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It takes about 1 second to store one smartpreview on a 100Mbit connection, almost done..just 16000 left...so I just need to keep my phones screen on for about another 4 hours more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines