• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

As shot and preset edits

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm looking for some advice as to how to import images into lightroom (v5.4) in their original format rather than "as shot", ie they are cropped when imported in but I want to see the full image for editing/ cropping/scaling.  At the moment I have to reset each one individually and it's so time consuming.  

Also seeking advice on how to preset edits so that I can apply them to a batch of photos rather than edit each image individually please?

Loraine

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your camera settings for image format. If it is set to a different image ratio, other than full sensor, that that setting is what Lr is honouring when it imports.

Lightroom does not have (easy) batch development of multiple photos. The option is to 'Copy' edits from one photo and 'Paste' to multiple selected photos in Grid view.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob, I found the still image ratio which was defaulted to 16:9, if I select 1:1 it tells me I'll take square images, which doesn't seem right either.  I can't find settings for image format.

Found the copy edits to multiple selected photos though, really helpful thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Camera Model number?

Can you change the format in the Camera's menu to something like default?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the camera, you probably have to select 2:3 aspect ratio.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another common aspect ratio would be 3:4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines