• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Add Photos to a Specific Album

Participant ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to automatically add photos to a specific album in Lightroom, not Classic.

I have an album for laptop photos (when I travel), and smartphone photos.  My objective is to autmatically put added photos into the approrpiate album.

Maybe an "add" preset that looks at where I'm adding from, and add to the album?

Can I even do presets?  Can't seem to find it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

No, you can't setup import presets. However, there are some things you can do:

If you import into the Lightroom Desktop app you can choose which album the new imports are added to (top centre of the main import screen).

In LrMobile on your smartphone, you can pre-select an album to receive newly added photos (on the main album list, tap on the tri-dot icon for the specific album and enable the option to "Auto Add from Camera Roll). Note, however, that this only applies to images captured usi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't setup import presets. However, there are some things you can do:

If you import into the Lightroom Desktop app you can choose which album the new imports are added to (top centre of the main import screen).

In LrMobile on your smartphone, you can pre-select an album to receive newly added photos (on the main album list, tap on the tri-dot icon for the specific album and enable the option to "Auto Add from Camera Roll). Note, however, that this only applies to images captured using the phone camera....if you use the LrMobile camera the photos are not added to any album, instead they are only added to the "Lr Camera Photos" special collection. Unfortunately that special collection does not sync to the rest of the cloud system, it's specific to that device....however, it's easy enough to find them and add them to your preferred album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I set up my LR Mobile to go to my Smartphone album.  Sounds like that will do the trick for those.  When I add photos from my laptop, adding them to my laptop album would be easy enough, as you noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should mention that the instructions that I added for LrMobile mainly apply to the iOS version only. The Android version of LrMobile is slightly different, the narrative for the auto add option is actually "Auto Add from Device", and that seems to apply for captures using either the phone camera or the LrMobile camera. There's no "Lr Camera Photos" collection on Android, so it seems that all captures go to the designated album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines