• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch editing in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watched a few tutorials on editing in Lightroom CC, but haven't come across how to batch process.  I had Lightroom 5 prior to this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

If you are referring to the NEW Lightroom CC (that cloud-based version), then there is no batch processing available at this time. The standard copy/paste option is all that is available right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the NEW Lightroom CC (that cloud-based version), then there is no batch processing available at this time. The standard copy/paste option is all that is available right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for that info.

I don't know how to do the copy/paste options steps in this software though.

I only did batch processing with the Sync settings of Lightroom 5.

Would you mind telling me the steps in the copy/paste method.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Highlight Image, press Ctrl+C. this will copy all the adjustments you have made to that image. This is the standard copy command in Windows.

Highlight the target image. Press Ctrl+V. this will copy all the adjustments from the previous image to the new image. This is the standard paste command in Windows, and can be repeated as many times as you want those same adjustments copied to additional images.

Mac: the equivalent keyboard strokes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6-14-21

Hello Jim Hess

This is the most succint and correct response on the subject of Batch Editing on New Lightroom CC. I have waisted 3 hours in the past few days Googling solutions that were for older outdated versions and was left frustrated. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6-14-21

Hello Jim Hess

This is the most succint and correct response on the subject of Batch Editing on New Lightroom CC. I have waisted 3 hours in the past few days Googling solutions that were for older outdated versions and was left frustrated. Thanks again.

By @ramanb84480304

Back in 2018 when Jim wrote that post, it was indeed correct, i.e. only copy/pasting one image at a time was possible. However, fast forward to today and the response, while still technically correct, is now incomplete as a full batch editing method has subsequently been made available. See my response towards the end of this thread for details of how to apply edits to a batch of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the batch processing function be re-added to LR? This single function is the main reason I use LR. Batch editing is so cumbersome now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to sound flippant or anything like that. But it will be added when the development team decides to add it. Adobe doesn't make those kinds of announcements in advance. And I wouldn't know anyway, because I don't have any connection with Adobe whatsoever. I'm just a user like yourself.

Just a point of clarification. Batch editing will not be "re-added" to Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is not a revision of Lightroom in any sense of the word. It is being designed and developed from the ground up as a new application aimed at a different audience with different needs. When you are using Lightroom CC, nothing has been taken away. Since it is part of an ecosystem that crosses multiple devices and operating systems that need to be coordinated, a lot of thought goes into how everything works together and what is made available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading this, but it's unbelievable. I tried for about an hour to batch-paste attributes from one image into a few hundred others in a time-lapse sequence. I knew there had to be a way. Now I read that there's not a way. "No way," I thought to myself. "Way," said my conscience. Now, my conscience hates me. And vice versa.

Thank you for posting, Jim 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in 2018 when this thread was initially posted and answered there was no way to batch apply edits. However, that function was added quite a while ago, so it IS possible to do it today.

Select the image whose edits you wish to copy and paste to multiple other images. Either use Cmd(Mac) or Ctrl(Win10)+C to copy all the edit settings, or Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the Copy Settings dialog which allows you to select which specific settings to want to copy and paste.

Then select all the images that you want to paste the copied settings to, and do Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+V to do the batch paste (can be done in grid or detail view).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the problem: A basic function shouldn't equire googling "Lightroom CC batch edit" which is no longer the name of the program, but is necessary because "Lightroom" gets you results for LR classic. It shouldn't require and finding a thread and finding the right post. It should be obvious in the software how to do a basic function of photo editing, and the entire point of a system like Lightroom. A company like Adobe should have a large team of usability experts, but they seem to put no thought into making their programs intuitive anymore.

And I haven't even found your post that you're referring to, so I still don't know how to apply a preset or paste settings to a large set of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I haven't even found your post that you're referring to, so I still don't know how to apply a preset or paste settings to a large set of photos.

There were only 12 posts in this thread before you made your post, and you really couldn't find the one post that explained how to do batch editing? For your convenience, here is the text copied from my post (which actually appears immediately above yours in the thread):

"Select the image whose edits you wish to copy and paste to multiple other images. Either use Cmd(Mac) or Ctrl(Win10)+C to copy all the edit settings, or Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the Copy Settings dialog which allows you to select which specific settings to want to copy and paste.

Then select all the images that you want to paste the copied settings to, and do Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+V to do the batch paste (can be done in grid or detail view)."

I would also add that the options for copying and pasting of edits are specified within the interface in two separate places, one being in the Photo item on the menu bar and the other being under the tri-dot icon in the Edit tool-bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sue how long ago I wrote that. I use Adobe apps do seldom, incl Lr, that I always just figure them out as I go. If what I wrote earlier doesn’t work, I can’t help. I don’t work for Adobe, stay fairly busy.

Best wishes with that…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,
While I plan to continue to use Lighroom Classic (on Windows) for most work, I am investigating Lightroom CC on my iPad Pro for when I travel. I don't need to check my HDR and Panorama processing while traveling so I think I can use Lightroom CC on my iPad for travel rather than carrying a larger laptop. The Copy/Paste for edits is the last piece of the puzzle I needed to try Lightroom CC for a trip next month.

Again, thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst edit batch processing can be done on the iPad Pro, it'll be a different process to that outlined above (which is for the Lightroom Desktop app). It's easy enough to figure out, but come back if you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now uninstalling the new Lightroom CC and going back to the "old" Lightroom Classic CC, only because of batch processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please text in Hindi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines