• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Before/After edits not working LrM (Android)

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem which I´m trying to find a proper solution for quite a good time and unfortunately was not able to find... so I´m here to check if anyone experienced the same issue and knows how to solve it.

The problem is related to Before/After toggle on mobile (Android) version. I will try to explain it as detailed as possible...

All my edited images are working perfectly on LRCC (Windows version). By working perfectly I mean that they are are synchronizing correctly to the cloud and, after editing them, I can see Before (original) and After (edited) versions using the "Show original" button. And if I go to see these edited images on the mobile (Android) version, the edits are there, and I can also see Before and After versions by long pressing the images - exactly as it should work. The same happens if I edit the images first in the mobile app, and then access them from the Windows app.

The thing is, if for any reason (updating Android OS, for instance) I need to reinstall the mobile app, the Before/After viewing stops working on mobile. There is no "original" state when I long press the image to see before/after version anymore... only the edited version is showing. I can reset the edits, but the "Before" version is still showing the edited state. Meanwhile, all keeps working fine on Windows app.

Dos anyone have a clue about what is happening and possibily how to solve it?

As a workaround, the only thing I see that works is copying the edits, delete the original image, upload it again and paste the edits. But doing this for many images is not practical... and the issue would show up again upon a new need for reinstalling the Android app.

Thank you.
Marcus.

TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcus

I've been having exactly the same problem with before/after views in Lightroom Mobile on an iPhone. Pressing and holding used to work fine. Now it's stopped. (Unless I remove my 'preset on import' setting, then the unedited version does appear as the before view. How weird is that?)

Anyway, did you ever get any response to your question? I can see none on the discussion thread.

Cheers,

Kevan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the desktop and iOS, before is "without edits" but on Android it shows the photo before you starting editing on the current device. Personally I'd call it a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You describe what is meant to happen in iOS. But, as I wrote, it doesn't. 'Before' only seems to show without edits that you make manually, not those that are applied with a preset on importation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should clarify. I should have said "import state" rather than "without edits". That's the behavior on Lightroom Desktop and Lightroom Classic too, so I believe it's as designed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mystery deepens. You're quite correct it is the behaviour in LR Classic. But… until a few days ago it wasn't in LR Mobile in iOS. Let me ellaborate.

Since I started using LR Mobile a year ot so ago I have applied an import preset to photos shot within the app. And the 'view before' action always worked: I was able to view the image without any adjustments by pressing and holding on the screen. Sure enough, when I then imported the images, still with the preset applied, into LR Classic the preset adjustments are, if you like, burnt in. Using the before view had no effect, and clicking Reset on the adjustments had no effect either. If you wanted to remove any preset adjustment you had to do it manually, with the sliders. This is indeed how you describe the LR Classic behaviour.

Then a week or so ago 'view before' in LR Mobile just stopped working, The same preset I've always used still gets applied—but I can't view the image without it. And here's the really weird bit: I took about a dozen shots two days ago, and verified that 'view before' was still not working. Except on one shot, where it's working just like it used to! I made no changes to my settings during the session (I was out walking, and just quickly shooting images as I went). So clearly there is a bug—and it comes and goes apparently at random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And just to compound the situation, I have just discovered that 'view before' in LR Classic is now showing the image without any adjustment for images imported from LR Mobile. In other words, its behaviour has gone in the opposite direction to LR Mobile. Wild! I think we have a serious bug Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines