• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best (Adobe) app to show photos to clients on iPad

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full Adobe subscription, so access to 59+ apps now. Looking for recomendations for the best app and workflow to show finished photographs (JPG's) to clients on my iPad. Ideally folders of images can be viewed offline. I won't be editing these images, they're all fully retouched. I currently have folders in Creative Cloud but see no way to view those off-line, like for instance, you can do with PDF's in Acrobat. I can viw images offline in Dropbox, but Dropbox isn't really a great viewer solution. Would prefer to use an Adobe product seeing as I have images in Creative Cloud (and I'm paying enough!), but willing to go outside Adobe if there's better solutions.

Thanks!

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom (Mobile version) on the iPad, you will be able to select and show Albums of photos you have in the Cloud ecosystem (for mobile devices).

TBMK If you are offline, Lightroom should still show the proxy (smart Preview) images which are quite acceptable to view on small screens.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @El_Jeffe,

To show your Lightroom album with original photos (while offline), you could also store the album locally (select Store Locally toggle from (...) menu next to the album name). Just to make sure you turn off the option "Only download smart previews" in LrMi settings > Cloud Storage & Sync"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While swiping between images the LR edit panel did come up a few times. Is there a way to turn that off? In other words, to make the screen in the Folder view just a full screen viewer, not an editing screen?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my iPhone (don't have an iPad) the 'single image' view is activated by just one finger tap on a thumbnail in the grid view. A second tap with then also hide the menus & control icons. The [<] icon will take you back to Grid view.

And the three dot icon [...] shows me a menu selection that includes a Slideshow

(Auto change, full screen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I found was that as my client was swiping through, if they inadvertently tapped rather than swiped, the edit menu came up. I'd love to be able to lock the viewer so the edit screen doesnt come up. Or is there another app in the Adobe multiverse of apps that would do this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the slideshow option in Paused mode. That way the client can swipe through the images one by one at their own speed, and if they tap instead of swipe they'll just be toggling the display of the Play/Pause icon at the top right, which shouldn't distract at all. Try it yourself first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines