• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to add photos to Lightroom CC desktop from Photos.app?

Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very easy to import photos taken with my iPhone from Camera Roll in LR Mobile. Is there an easy way to do this with LR CC Desktop? Right now, I am exporting the photos from Photos.app and then importing them into LR. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please have a look at this helpful article and let us know if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/migrate-apple-photos-library.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I'm trying to do is edit photos I take on my iPhone in Lightroom.

This is very easy to do with Lightroom Mobile. Photos I take on my iPhone automatically show up in Lightroom Mobile.

However, that is not the case in Lightroom CC on my Mac (at least, not as far as I can tell). I have to open Photos.app, choose a photo, export it, then import to Lightroom CC in order to edit it. 

I am asking if there is an easier way—more like how it works on Lightroom Mobile—where photos I take on my iPhone automatically show up in Lightroom CC on my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I should have been specific in saying "photos I take on my iPhone using the built-in camera app, not the Lightroom camera". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, on the Mac there isn't a way to Auto Import from the Photos app like on Mobile.

How are you getting the Photo in the Photos app on the Mac though? Are they syncing via iCloud from your iPhone's Camera Roll?

Also, BDB, what exact version of Lightroom on the Mac are you using (see under Help-System Info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say Desktop. Do you mean the Cloud Based version or Lightroom Classic?

Assuming you have a subscription, if it's the Cloud Based, then you don't need to do this.

The photos will sync via the Cloud to Desktop as long as you have internet connection.

Even if you have Classic, if you turn Sync on, everything in the Cloud will download to the folder specified in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines