• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

best way to remove shadows from under the eyes of my model in Lightroom

Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i get any suggestions on how to remove the shadows under the eyes of my model in Lightroom. I've scoured the internet to no avail on how to accomplish this. Pleasse advise.

DSC00633.jpg

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Masking icon with Brush Tool (for exposure adjustment), and or, the Healing Brush Tool, should help you achieve the result you want.

This video might be helpful (although made with the 'other' Lightroom.)

portrait eye masking brush in lightroom  

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do it in seconds, as shown in the demo below. Just add a mask group containing two radial gradients, one for each eye. Apply a single positive Shadows adjustment to the mask group, and you might be done at that point.

(Although you can optionally customize the mask shape by subtracting a Brush mask, or apply other mask adjustments such as Exposure, Whites, or Blacks as needed. Or further isolate the shadows by intersecting the mask group with a Luminance Range mask.)

Lightroom mask eye shadows.gif

The image has other lighting problems, though. Notice that when you see the entire image at Fit magnification, there is a large and distracting hot spot on her chest. You will want to tone that down with a separate mask, such as a Radial Gradient set to a lower Highlights or Exposure value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines