Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Better Blur tool

New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a photojournalist and often do quick photo edits (exposure, saturation, cropping) on my phone for breaking news, but sometimes there is certain details that I would like to blur out so that sensitive/private information doesn't get public. For example a face, a street sign or a license plate.

I know you can use negative Sharpen, Texture and Clarity to blur a bit, these are not enough for what I need, and sending the image over to another app isn't efficient and takes time I often don't have. This means I'll end up using a different image than I otherwise would have, or crop more than I would like to.

It isn't just for anonymity though, I often like to use a slight blur in combination or instead of with vignettes to focus attention even more, but I think the negative sharpness simply looks bad, and I would like a different kind of blur.

TOPICS
Feature request, Mobile

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?