• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Issues - Adjustment tools have no effect when brush tool is activated -

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a very good simple Youtube showing how to use Brush in Lightroom CC. I've been fighting this issue for some time now thinking that I was too thick to grasp its usage. But after several viewings of this video and attempts in the Lightroom program it just wdoesn't work. I'm on a Macbook Pro retina with Big Sur.

Here's my steps:

Activate Brush with a Fuji RAF photo selected

Slightly adjust exposure and contrast sliders

Tick masking box

Move curser to image and begin painting area of photo I want darkened

That's when it all stops. I have the area I wanted painted in red, none of the sliders have any effect at all, and when the Brush icon is clicked off the red remains on the image and no other effects have occurred.

This is very basic stuff here, but my constant failure to use this tool successfully has led me to wonder if I've got a bad copy of the download.  Hoping there's a solution - Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Are your Flow & Density sliders set at Maximum?

2021-05-11 07_15_22-Window.jpg

If not,  a- Slight adjust to exposure and contrast sliders, may not even be visible on an image. Start with a Maximum Exposure setting, brush, then 'back off' adjust the Exposure slider to desired level.

"Brush icon is clicked off the red remains on the image"

Is it possible you are Brushing a Color set for the Brush?

WobertC_0-1620681563566.png

A No-color brush would look like this-

WobertC_1-1620681771500.png

The 'Red' Mask & Brush Tool overlay can be toggled by repeated presses of keyboard [O].

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are your Flow & Density sliders set at Maximum?

2021-05-11 07_15_22-Window.jpg

If not,  a- Slight adjust to exposure and contrast sliders, may not even be visible on an image. Start with a Maximum Exposure setting, brush, then 'back off' adjust the Exposure slider to desired level.

"Brush icon is clicked off the red remains on the image"

Is it possible you are Brushing a Color set for the Brush?

WobertC_0-1620681563566.png

A No-color brush would look like this-

WobertC_1-1620681771500.png

The 'Red' Mask & Brush Tool overlay can be toggled by repeated presses of keyboard [O].

[Hide > Show Tool Overlay > Show Mask Overlay > Show Tool and Mask Overlay > Hide.]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines