• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush, Linear Gradient and Radial Gradient Masks Not Showing

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching everywhere and can't figure this out. I am using ver 4.4 on my desktop and when I go to place a Brush, Linear Gradient or Radial Gradient mask they do not show nor can I go back and select the "selector dot" (not the correct verbage I am sure). I have tried hitting the "o" key..nothing. I am sure it is some kind of setting issue because when I go into the very same image with my Ipad and can see the highlighted area as well as the "selector dot". I would have thought it was a toggle or a check box, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking the obvious here, but, have you 'drawn' on the image by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the cursor?  The overlay guides do not appear until you draw with the tool.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "h" key hides and shows the selector dots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestions...I have done both, I was "drawings" and when I hit the "h" to toggles to Healing Brush, I"m working with the masking tools. I've played with it a bit more, it appears once I have done an action while in the masking tools application, i.e. "cycle overlay" or "drawn" along the photo, the only way I can change a setting of the masking tool is to exist Lightroom and relaunch it, however, I did find that if I pause my sync it seems to address the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines