Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Brush tool not working

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short and simple just updated the whole adobe suite as seems to be a bunch of updates. Lightroom looks appealing with the extra masking functions but I am not able to use the brush tool. In masking section I can do radial and gradient masks but not brush tool.

I use a wacom intnos pro M but the brush tool does the same issue, or lack of, using the cursor with the mouse. So, the brush tool will select and I can see the mask for brush come up as a kind of layer in the new mask window, but when I apply brush to image the red overlay is very weak like barely visible to display the area that the mask has covered. I can draw and draw with the cursor and can very faintly see the red overlay start to appear but is miniscule. But it just doesn't work, any ideas?

Another note is that I did a few test image edits in lightroom, for example applied a few settings like blacks, highlights, dehaze etc. then I did my tests with brush tool (found not working) and restarted lightroom and my test images had reset back to original. This is a pain because with the work I do the brush tool with my wacom is the main thing I do and this is terrible.

I have had problems with my adobe creative suite crashing a heap of times a few months ago and an adobe support tech remote accessed my computer and helped do a fresh install of creative cloud and that was no longer an issue but think it's worth mentioning.

I haven't tested the brush tool out in photoshop but I don't use that much.

Thanks

Phillip

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the brush tool settings. This sounds as if you have set the density or the flow to a very low value.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines