Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you

I'm having problems in getting my brush tool in Lightroom to work. I can see that it has some effect on contrast, but exposuse has no effect what so ever nor changing colors or anything else. I can see the tool and I'm brushing away, I have switched on and off "o" and now I'm stuck.

Im having Lightroom version 4 it said on Help, I'm updating regularly (when it is telling me to).

All the other tools are working, both the gradients are working (radial and linear).

What to do, I need my tool back.

rgds Eva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Can you click on the tiny disclosure triangle to the right of the brush size? Look at what it says for flow and density. If those are low, set them higher. Also make sure you actually set something for the exposure valiue of course as the settings you show wouldn't do anything 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of the Develop module with the Adjustment brush tool active and showing the whole image and the whole right hand side panel. Close, collapse, the Histogram section to show more of the adjustment brush section.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultuhmnpzhca52o_0-1606668335178.png

Thank you for trying to help me.

I can't get the histogram section on the top to go away, so this is all I have when I'm using the brush.

rgds Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sorry about that. you are using Lightroom. I thought your post was in the Lightroom "CLASSIC" forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brsush selectively applies the settings you choose on the right. All of the settings are at the default zero in your screen capture, so if you paint a brush selection right now you won't see any changes in the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you click on the tiny disclosure triangle to the right of the brush size? Look at what it says for flow and density. If those are low, set them higher. Also make sure you actually set something for the exposure valiue of course as the settings you show wouldn't do anything 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, that was a huge help, I haven't even seen that it could be changed  - thanks a million!!!

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah they hide this by default for some reason/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines