Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can I choose which pictures I want uploaded to the cloud?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an imac, Some pictures are useful when they are uploaded to the cloud so that I can access them on all devices. But, some picture I just soley want to use on my desktop. Is it possible to select which ones can be uploaded?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020
That is sort of a loaded question and the answer is, "It depends." It depends on which version of Lightroom you are using, and it depends on whether or not it is essential that you have the full-sized image in the cloud. If you are using Lightroom Classic, then you choose which images are shared to the cloud. The images you want to share are placed in collections and the collection is shared. That's the good news. However, the full-sized image is not shared. It is a smart preview. It's big eno...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is sort of a loaded question and the answer is, "It depends." It depends on which version of Lightroom you are using, and it depends on whether or not it is essential that you have the full-sized image in the cloud.

If you are using Lightroom Classic, then you choose which images are shared to the cloud. The images you want to share are placed in collections and the collection is shared. That's the good news. However, the full-sized image is not shared. It is a smart preview. It's big enough to adequately see and be shared, about 2500 pixels on the long side. It can be edited on mobile devices and the edits performed on those smart previews will affect the master images in Lightroom Classic.

If you are using Lightroom, the cloud version, then ALL images go directly to the cloud. No choice, that is where everything goes. But the full-sized images are there. So the question to you is, what are your intentions? What do you need, and how do you plan to use your online images? Are you fully aware of the differences in the features between the two programs?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines