• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete photos from ios camera roll after LR import?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to using classic Lightroom on my PC. Photos go into a local folder, then imported into LR. Once in LR they still exist in the local folder but the edits exist in LR. Is this how it still works on the iphone/ipad?

I imported 100 photos (important to me) from my camera roll to Lightroom on my ipad. Is it still just the edits or is the photo itself stored in my Adobe cloud storage? I would like to delete them from my camera roll, but I'm scared to. I'm not 100% sure how it works. Is it still using the photo in camera roll and still storing the edits in LR or is the whole photo in LR now? After importing I can see them in Lightroom on my PC, my phone and my Ipad, so I'm assuming they're in cloud storage.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

When you import photos into Lightroom mobile, they will be copied to Lightroom mobiles own space and from there they are synced to the cloud. That is why your other devices can see them too. That means you could delete them from the Camera Roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you import photos into Lightroom mobile, they will be copied to Lightroom mobiles own space and from there they are synced to the cloud. That is why your other devices can see them too. That means you could delete them from the Camera Roll.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines