• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Lightroom mobile filter by photos that are not in an album?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a trial period of Lightroom desktop and it looks like there are more filter/search options than in the mobile version. I'd like to keep my photos in albums and the desktop version lets me filter by whether photos are in an album or not. I can't seem to find this option in the mobile version on my iPad. 

Is it possible to do this somewhere in the mobile version or will it (hopefully) be added later on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think it is currently possible in LrMobile. You could submit a feature request to the official Adobe feedback site: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-mobile/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40875

In the meantime, if you still have access to the Lightroom Desktop app there's acrude workaround you could use: run the search on LrDesktop to find all images not in any album, then create a temporary album into which you add all those "not in any album" images. That temp album will sync to LrMobile where you could work you way through it to place all contents into "proper" albums (use the "Move to" option so that as they are added to the target album, they are removed from the temporary album). Not ideal, but certainly "doable"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great answer!  Just what I was looking for.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this "run the search on LrDesktop to find all images not in any album"? I assume by album you mean Collection in Lightroom Classic, or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on "All Photos" (to populate the grid with all the photos in the cloud), then click in the Search bar (top centre), a list of all searchable "facets" is shown, one of which is "Album". Click on "Album" and a list of all albums is shown....at the bottom of the list will be the "Not in Any Album" option, click of that and the grid is now populated only with images that are not in any album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers! Yes. That worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic, just what I was looking for.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this feature too.

It will help me to sort and order my picture on mobile device, without forgetting photos that aren't in album.

For the moment I need to use Lightroom CC on desktop to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines