Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t change default export file name

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
I hope someone will help me with this problem, because I'm loosing my patience...

A few months ago I had a couple day trial of Lightroom Mobile Premium (on my iPhone), I had a lot of photos to edit so it was a super convenient choice. 
I managed to change the default name of exported photos to let's say "XXX_1", and now EVERY photo I export by clicking "export to camera roll" has that "XXX_1" name as default... 
How can I change it?

Please help, I'm paying for premium now as well.

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. We're you able to figure out a way to change the default export file name when exporting to camera roll? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this helps.

As you've noticed these settings are sticky.
If you want to try stuff out, the best thing is to use Export As since can set all settings upfront.

  

image.png

Settings.png

More Options.png

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Your way of exporting solves the problem, but still the export default is that "XXX_1" name that I originally set. 

Gonna have to deal with it 😉 

Take care x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, 
just to make sure we are talking about the same thing:
A. You change the setting from e.g. Share to to use Original and when you use Share to and want to share a JPG, you get the file name with XXX_1.jpg? Note that once setting the value you need to tap on the checkmark icon on the upper right.

It would be helpful to know which language you are using, since you should be getting XXX-1.jpg.
But yes, if does give you a file name with XXX_1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then we do have a problem.

Btw if you export to camera roll over Share to... it will use different settings as the other alternatives with settings icons on the right. If you have set the values in e.g. Export to Camera Roll those settings will not be used if you use Share to....

So it would be helpful to know exactly what you are doing or if you could just send us a screen recording of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julia G.5DE3 can you please answer the questions below, we are not able to reproduce your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Ignacio B. I use the Polish version of AL on my iPhone. 

When it comes to exporting:

When I click "Share to" and then "Save in my camera roll" it has the original file name "IMG_0161_.jpg"

When I click "Export to camera roll" is has the "XXX_1" file name which I set months ago and is the cause of this whole conversation (on the screen recoring it's "bajek_psg_edit_-1.jpg" 😛 

When I click "Export as" I can choose the file name myself. 

The goal is change the default file name when I choose "Export to camera roll".
I might just uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julia G.5DE3 thank you for the video, that really helped.

If you e.g. want to save to Camera roll you need to use Export to Camera roll (Eksportuj do rolki aparatu) for this to work the way you want. That way does keep the file name.

Btw uninstalling the app will not help in this case.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one solution that worked for me although its not ideal and it seems like a bug that needs to be addressed by Adobe. I ended up deleting the app and re-installed it. Once I logged in I was able to export to camera roll with the original default file name structure. Of course I made sure that all my photos were backed before deleting the app. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalling should not help better than changing the settings for the export mode that you have used.
Since uninstalling can lead to data loss it not encouraged.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines