• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit the location in Lightroom 5.0

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't edit the location in Lightroom 5.0. This feature is simply missing. How can it be? Unbelievable!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to edit a location, and what happens when you try?

Lightroom 5.0 has the same capabilities as Lightroom 4.x, with the addition of a new option which now allows the user to add GPS coordinates.

If you are new to Lightroom completely, do not expect Lightroom to have all the options and features that Lightroom Classic has. It'll be a while before that will happen (if ever, as initially at least Lightroom is aimed at a different audience than Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply can’t find where I can change the location. Is it really there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select an image and open the "Info" tab ("I" icon bottom of the right-hand toolbar). That opens the Info panel, which includes the various Location fields. All of these are user-editable. Lightroom also has a location look-up feature which operates whenever there are valid GPS coordinates already in the image (and which with LR 5.0 can now be entered manually).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've checked it again and found a text field called GPS. But there is no way to choose a new place on the map! I'm not a robot to put coordinates there based on the actual location!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't a dedicated Map module as there is in Classic, but you can now find the exact location in Google Maps, copy the coordinates from there and paste them into the GPS box in Lightroom.

If you specifically want a dedicated map feature in Lightroom there's almost certainly an existing "Idea" centred on that. You could search for it and add your upvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines