Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t edit videos anymore in Lightroom because editing tools are not loading

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Whenever I open any video file on Lightroom Mobile app, all the editing options become unavailable. Which is very weird because earlier today I was still able to edit the same videos. They're mp4 format, and the ordinary iphone format - whatever that is. Did I do something wrong? I don't have the issue with photos - all edit options are available there. It's very weird. Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Did you try working on an already imported video or Did you import a new video into Lightroom?

Try waiting for some time to let the video load and then see if you're able to edit it.

What version of Lightroom and the operating system are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!

I imported new videos (from my iPhone's video/photo library) to Lightroom Mobile (iOS 13.1.2 and Lightroom Mobile version 5.1.0)

I took your advice and let the video load for 15 minutes but nothing happened.. The edit functions are all a darker grey color instead of white, the buttons are not responsive. When I click on the cloud button in the upper right corner it says: Local: video - non editable,

Also, I have another problem. I deleted and reinstalled the app again, hoping that would help, but now I lost all my downloaded presets. Is there any way I can get those back? Installing them manually takes up quite a lot of time...

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos are not editable within Lr Mobile, therefore you will see the edit controls disabled. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? That's odd.. I really thought I did that before. Is it possible it's a premium option? And do you have any insight on its availability in future updates maybe?

And do you have any advice on how to get my presets back? Foolish me didn't make a backup of them on a hard drive and I'm struggling to get those files back - installing them manually takes up so much time as well so I'd rather not to if there's another possibility of getting them back automatically.. I thought maybe they'd be linked to my adobe account and saved on the app but that's not the case.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best would be to connect via Lr Cloud to avoid such issues. Preset sycn is one of the benefits you would have.

With the free version of Lr it's crutial to backup via iOS so that after a deletion you can restore otherwise there is no way to retrieve the presets from the iOS. - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then when will be able to edit videos on Lightroom Mobile? Please give me some good news im dying to have that options enabled. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why???  shame on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LionelSimpson wrote:

I am also facing the problem of Lightroom not loading, editing, very annoying, can anyone help me, many thanks Can't edit videos anymore

Did you read the earlier messages? Video editing is not supported in Lightroom mobile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for good video editing app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry if this is annoying, but i just wanted to clarify, video editing is only supported in mac and windows, not chrome, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines