• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t export watermarked JPEGs from DNGs.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See pictures. I don't seem to be able to export watermarked JPEGs from DNGs. What's up with that?

I can import exported jpegs and export again, but that is a workaround and it's dumb.

My workflow was to import RAWs into LrC, stack HDRs using a plugin that outputs a DNG, sync those DNGs to the cloud, edit those DNGs on my iPad.

I obviously will switch to outputting the HDRs as Tiffs, since those work, but common. DNG is Adobe's own codec and it doesn't work with their own software?

Any handy way of converting the existing DNGs to Tiffs in a way that Lightroom doesn't notice and keeps my edits intact..?

TOPICS
iPadOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is going on, but this is certainly not as designed. I can export a jpeg with a watermark just fine from HDR or other DNG images. You say you "use a plugin that outputs a DNG". What kind of plugin is that and where do you use this? Lightroom Classic?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photomaxtix in Lightroom Classic that spits out DNGs, I then put them into a collection and sync that collection with the cloud, it then shows up in Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case your online DNG will be a smart preview, because Lightroom Classic only syncs smart previews. I have no idea why exporting this smart preview would not allow you to add a watermark and other smart previews do allow it (as they should). It could be that the Photomatix DNG is non-standard, but even in that case that shouldn't matter because the DNG in Lightroom Mobile is a smart preview of it, not the original. Very strange indeed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines