• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find LR Catalog - can it be found in the cloud?

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer and downloaded Lightroom 5.1 to the new one. Everything is working fine; all my pics are there, my presets - everything´s working. I can edit my old pics and import new ones and edit them. I used the Migrant Assistant to transfer all my files from my old to my new computer, and I can find the Lightroom Library (.lrlibrary) on my new machine. My question is: do I need to move anything manually from the old to the new if everything already is working great on my new machine? Or can I go ahead and wipe the old computers hard drive without fear of losing valuable info? I've searched both computers for .lrcat to find the catalogue file but find nothing on either one of them (I only find .lrlibrary). Makes me wonder if the catalog is stored in the cloud, but I don't know how to find it there. Scared of wiping my old hard drive before I know for sure that I don't need anything on it.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Lightroom does not use an .lrcat catalog. That is the catalog format of Lightroom Classic. Everything is stored in the cloud, so you do not have to copy anything else (Migration Assisant copied everything from your old computer anyway, so there would be nothing left that hasn't been copied already).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not use an .lrcat catalog. That is the catalog format of Lightroom Classic. Everything is stored in the cloud, so you do not have to copy anything else (Migration Assisant copied everything from your old computer anyway, so there would be nothing left that hasn't been copied already).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you so much. 🙏🏻 Just to be sure though - I have Lightroom Classic. But everything is still stored in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Johan - problem solved, I have the Lightroom desktop app it seems.  Not Classic (Adobe chat told me it was the Classic first, but now they realized it´s the Lightroom Desktop app). THANK YOU for your help! Much appreciated! ❣️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines