• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t share photo from Lightroom Mobile to Instagram

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until about 10 days ago, I was able to post photos from Lightroom Mobile to Instagram from my iPad or iPhone.  I clicked on the Share icon, then selected Copy to Instagram.  That option disappeared about 10 days ago, so I used the Instagram icon (instead of Share to Instagram).  Not as good, but it worked.  A couple of days ago, that stopped working.  Now when I try to do that, I get an error message that says "Stomething went wrong" and nothing happens.  I'm not sure what has changed, but I can't post to Instagram from Lightroom Mobile now.  Help, please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

There have been mutliple reports about Instagram sharing issues since an update from them in September.
It helps if you can add which Instagram version you are using when running into this, since the behaviour might change upon updates.

At the moment the only known workaround is to save to the Camera Roll and go to Instagram from there.

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ignacio. Here are the software versions I'm currently using:

IOS 14.1 on iPhone
IOS 14.2 on iPad
Instagram 167.0 on both devices
Lightroom 6.0.2 on both devices

I appreciate the insight.

--
Mark Walker
mwalker3561@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to look into the iOS Instagram app settings Photo settings?

Is it set to All Photos?

Thanks,

Ignacio 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ignacio! I checked, and the setting was correct - all photos.

Mark
--
Mark Walker [removed by administrator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it mean that you still have a problem?

Suggestions to understand the problem:
1. what is your iOS version?
2. what Instagram version are you using?
3. Can you share images from the Photos app to Instagram?
4. Can you share images from e.g. Whatsapp or Messages to Instagram?
5. Does sharing work over haptic tap on Instagram icon and Open in App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that LR Mobile just handed off the JPG through the open in command. Now, there is no way to hand off the jpg. So LR attempts to post the image to Instagram itself and freezes up. It's been doing this for about a year now. Updates have done nothing to solve it. Just take us back to the days of handing off a jpg to any app in your mobile device. Lightroom doesn't need to do everything. Use the open in command to hand off and image to another app.  That would solve so many problems. 

I hope someone is listening on this one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to replicate this lockup and am able to post with no issues. I've responded to your offline query as well. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it was not Lightroom Mobile that had the problem.  I found the issue.  If your mobile device is using a security app for VPN or any other kind of web security, Lightroom Mobile can't get through that security.  It may be Lightroom, or it may be Instagram that is blocking it, but it causes the whole system to freeze up!  So... it is a VPN issue, so I just turned off the VPN function and it worked just fine.  That being said, Lightroom Mobile should probably see that issue and pop up a warning about the VPN or Security App and instead of freezing and locking up, it should give you a chance to cancel the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines