• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Start Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have just installed the Lr app from Apple onto my Mac desktop which is running the latest version of Ventura. I have done nothing apart from install the app but it fails to start but just displays a message saying 'need to connect to server'. My machine is connected via WiFi with a very strong and super fast signal. All other systems are go. I am logged on to Adobe via Chrome and have a profile there. The app suggests I am not logged on. Quiting the app is not an option, it has to be Force Quit.

I've heard good things about Lightroom and was looking forward to giving it a go. However, if I can't resolve this quickly I'll just delete it from my machine. 

Does anyone have any ideas..? I would be v grateful.

Kind regards, Nigel

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out & I'll need more information.

I reviewed your account and could not locate an active subscription to Lightroom. What version of macOS are you working on? Try this: 

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you for your response. I have deleted Lr from my system and gone thru an Uninstall process using CleanMyMac. Via the Creative Cloud desktop app (thank you for that link) I have signed up to Lr and it has reinstalled. It does still say that it is offline and I am unsure how to change that. Quiting the programme is now an option however. I can't get a local image to load into the programme. In 'Manage Account' the cloud storage bar says 'Calculating' but this has not moved at all since the programme was installed. Presumably this is because it thinks it is online... The tips to give full disk access don't seem to work in Ventura (System Preference is different seemingly and I need to understand what the new process is). I'll perservere for now but if you have any additional ideas these would be most welcome. 

Many thanks, Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines