• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't sync new phone

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an odd problem.  New phone (Motorola Edge+, Android) doesn't show up in my list of synced devices in LR Classic on my Win10 laptop, and it isn't syncing new photos.  Never had this issue before.  The phone is set to use Firefox as default browser (as are all my devices, including previous phone).  When I open LR on Edge+, my albums show up normally, including photos I've recently added in the usual way.

Following Help instructions to go to LR sync tab in Preferences, message at top says "this browser isn't set up for sync."  If I click its suggestion to "update browser," it seems LR is insisting on using Chrome for sync.  I can't figure out how to tell LR mobile app to use my default browser or why it is trying to use Chrome.

It's possible, of course, that this isn't the actual problem preventing sync.  I'd be happy to provide any additional information if someone has an idea how to get sync working on new phone.  (The previous phone still functions, but only WiFi.  It is turned OFF at the moment.  Its synced photos, of course, remain on my computer.)

Thanks for giving this some thought. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a question for the Lr Mobile forum and Im't going to move it to that forum.

Do you have the Android Lr Mobile app installed on that phone? You need to have that app installed to Sync Up with the Lr Web system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. My mistake.
The app is on the phone and works normally except for the sync.
Gail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something to add:

In Preferences, LR Sync tab, there are 5 "pending" items;  could this be either cause or effect of the sync interruption?  They seem to be located at adobe.com/libraries/ plus a long string of numbers/assets/more numbers. At a guess, I'd say they were items deleted from computer and/or phone, but I don't know how I could locate them on either device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines